Buying/selling Chanel missing card or hologram - thoughts?

My new-at-Christmas caviar Classic flap didn't come with a hologram sticker. When I took it back in January to the Chanel boutique on Madison Avenue, the manager told me that none of the Classic flaps in their most recent shipments had arrived with hologram stickers, that Chanel was now putting stickers only in their non-Classic bags. He proceeded to retrieve Classics in all sizes and different colors, both from the display and the back room (even opened a shipment that had arrived just that day) to demonstrate. So even if your local Nordstrom's had another bag like yours in stock, it might not have had the sticker either.

Hopefully, you're like me & don't foresee yourself ever selling your bag, just loving it for a lifetime :love:

My new-at-Christmas caviar Classic flap didn't come with a hologram sticker. When I took it back in January to the Chanel boutique on Madison Avenue, the manager told me that none of the Classic flaps in their most recent shipments had arrived with hologram stickers, that Chanel was now putting stickers only in their non-Classic bags. He proceeded to retrieve Classics in all sizes and different colors, both from the display and the back room (even opened a shipment that had arrived just that day) to demonstrate. So even if your local Nordstrom's had another bag like yours in stock, it might not have had the sticker either.

Hopefully, you're like me & don't foresee yourself ever selling your bag, just loving it for a lifetime :love:

Hmm..I wonder why they are not putting them in the classics.

Call me stoopid!!! Years ago I had a black bucket style bag that I carried to work. I wiped down the inside and removed the sticker without realizing what it was. When I needed to have the bag reconditioned (lambskin), the boutique sent it off. No problem, no questions asked; they can tell their bags. When I recently conditioned my rubber medium classic, I looked at the "sticker" and all the numbers had worn off. Sans sticker might make it more difficult to resell, should you choose to at some future time but not necessarily so. I keep a folder with receipts from all my Chanel purchases. The authenticity card stay in the box along with the dust cover. Still feel dumber than dirt for removing that little gummy sticker in the bottom of the bag.

Agreed with IntlSet about being able to determine authenticity based on factors other than the sticker... if you don't plan to sell it, esp. if this newest batch of classic flaps don't come with stickers, I think you're okay.

But that is bizarre though - it comes with a card, but no sticker??

can anyone please tell me WHERE the hologram sticker is suppose to be? im freaking out bc i just checked all of my 3 chanels and i dont see any sticker!!! i bought all three at NM so i never guessed it would not be authentic...i do have the authenticity cards..etc..i bought 2 classic flaps (one medium, one jumbo) last fall and one GST just couple days ago..none have sticker!?!?

miss alice, actually if they're from last fall, they'll have stickers, they're just VERY hard to find.
Look in the tightest, darkest corners under a bright light.

Call me stoopid!!! Years ago I had a black bucket style bag that I carried to work. I wiped down the inside and removed the sticker without realizing what it was. Still feel dumber than dirt for removing that little gummy sticker in the bottom of the bag.

That's funny.:P

After some searching on the forum tonight I actually found the hologram sticker on my bag :shame: But it doesn't really mean anything for me, because I knew it was authentic up until now anyways, I'm just annoyed that I didn't find it for almost a year, lol.