Buying from department stores...

Ok so I posted in an earlier thread how I wanted to get my mother the ergo medium.. I was planning on getting it at Macys with the FF discount. BUT I want the brown coach box/ribbon, etc. If macy's cant' do that do you think I"m dumb for buying at the Coach store?
Has anyone ever gotten the brown coach box from Macy's??

Ok so I posted in an earlier thread how I wanted to get my mother the ergo medium.. I was planning on getting it at Macys with the FF discount. BUT I want the brown coach box/ribbon, etc. If macy's cant' do that do you think I"m dumb for buying at the Coach store?
Has anyone ever gotten the brown coach box from Macy's??
no, macys usually just puts in the macys bag, but they do usually have dustbags.

IMO, it's worth the 20% off and I would just wrap it pretty in a regular box, but it just depends how much the coach box means to you

no, macys usually just puts in the macys bag, but they do usually have dustbags.

IMO, it's worth the 20% off and I would just wrap it pretty in a regular box, but it just depends how much the coach box means to you

Well, my mother has never had a coach bag. she has never really had a *nice* bag. It is mothers day .. I don't know.. is the box worth paying $52 more? Probably not.

*sigh*. I'm going over to Macy's today. Maybe they won't even carry it near me and I'll have to go to Coach to get it :graucho:

Well, my mother has never had a coach bag. she has never really had a *nice* bag. It is mothers day .. I don't know.. is the box worth paying $52 more? Probably not.

*sigh*. I'm going over to Macy's today. Maybe they won't even carry it near me and I'll have to go to Coach to get it :graucho:
just get a nice plain box and wrap it up so pretty! she won't even notice the box once she sees the gorgeous bag inside

I was SO disappointed when I bought a wristlet for my mom at Macy's. They just put it in a cheap cardboard Macy's box and bag and no ribbon! I was really let down about it because I wanted to buy from the Coach store but they were out of stock so I had to get it at Macy's since I needed it right away.

I actually ended up going to the Coach store and I just asked them for a box and ribbon and they just gave it to me and I wrapped it myself! That was so kind of them.

during christmas they usually have boxes, and sometimes mothers day (i remember last year with the easter looking patchwork, they had the shopping bags in the print) or was that 2 yrs ago?

I was SO disappointed when I bought a wristlet for my mom at Macy's. They just put it in a cheap cardboard Macy's box and bag and no ribbon! I was really let down about it because I wanted to buy from the Coach store but they were out of stock so I had to get it at Macy's since I needed it right away.

I actually ended up going to the Coach store and I just asked them for a box and ribbon and they just gave it to me and I wrapped it myself! That was so kind of them.
good idea! never hurts to ask