Buying BV in Europe or US

sarcal

Jul 6, 2007
Hi all!

I am new to the BV forum, I've been lurking for a while, but I usually post in the Chanel forum, so hi!!

Anyways, I've been searching for a particular bag that isn't available in the US, but an SA in Europe found one for me. Problem is, the price is different. It is a medium Veneta, so the price here in the US is $1490, but the SA in Europe is quoting me 1103 Euros, without the VAT, so that ends up being about $1700. Isn't that unusual that the bags cost more over there than here? I'm thinking about canceling my order and having my SA here get the bag from over there for me so that I'm not paying more, but I don't want to risk losing out on the bag by angering the SA over in Europe. What to do?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum, the last time I checked the price of the medium veneta was 980 euros including tax and 1180 euros for the large veneta including tax. As far as I know the prices haven't increased recently, are you sure that she quoted you for the right size???? The prices are generally the same between europe and US IMO. Which bag are you looking for and where are you ordering from, perhaps I could help??

The SA said it was for the medium bag. Sounds strange to me, especially now that you said that the medium should be 980 euros. She isn't sending the bag until Monday, so I'm going to call tomorrow morning and verify with her again and then maybe just cancel the order. Should I have my SA here in the US call over there? I'm ordering from one of the BV stores in Paris. Seems like I might have to brush off my French and speak some French tomorrow to make sure we're on the same wavelength.

^The medium Veneta should definitely not cost more than 980 Euro, even if they charge you shipping.

If you`re ordering from Ave Montaigne, ask for Massimo if he`s still there, he`s easy to deal with.

So, after getting the reference codes and style numbers from my SA here in the US and e-mailing them to the SA in Europe, it turns out that the SA in Europe was trying to send me the large Veneta, not the medium, so I'm going to cancel my order. My SA here already put in the order to try and get my bag elsewhere, so hopefully I'll still get it, but in the size I want!

Thanks! Yeah, and after she told me it was the larger bag, she was trying to convince me to get that one instead of the one I had been telling her I want the whole time. She was saying how the larger one is better, more popular and better for a young lady. That's great and all, but I have my reasons for wanting the smaller one!

She should have known I wanted the smaller one this whole time since I asked her, "Shouldn't the price be more like 980 euros?" So annoying of her to insist she was selling me the right bag the entire time when she wasn't. Glad I don't have to waste the money on shipping now to just have to return the bag!