Buyers Beware!

Maybe the seller should have an opportunity to comment before any actions are taken by tpf.

She does have over 400 sales , and she did have 100 percent feedback
Just would seem fair to me

Sorry its upset you and you were unable to get the scarf you wanted

Ardneish,

Actually, she did NOT have 100% feedback. She already had three negatives and two neutrals prior the negative I gave her. And judging by some of the other, similar experiences that others here have related, she should have had MORE negatives/neutrals. But people seem to be disinclined to give negatives for fear of retaliation. If that's the case, then WHAT is the point of a feedback system if people are afraid to give honest, candid assessments? The whole thing is a sham.

Her negative to me reads, "Unreasonable, Total nonsense. Do not sell to this buyer unless you want trouble." Nonsense? I have her email to me stating that the scarf was given away as a gift and no longer available. That is NOT nonsense! And as for trouble, if one doesn't want trouble, then they ought not risk bidding on her auctions. Simple as that.

I don't care how many positives she has. My experience with her from start to finish has been a negative one, and I'm not going to sit on it and keep quiet.

She does have over 400 sales , and she did have 100 percent feedback

Ardneish,

Actually, she did NOT have 100% feedback. She already had three negatives and two neutrals prior the negative I gave her. And judging by some of the other, similar experiences that others here have related, she should have had MORE negatives/neutrals. But people seem to be disinclined to give negatives for fear of retaliation. If that's the case, then WHAT is the point of a feedback system if people are afraid to give honest, candid assessments? The whole thing is a sham.

Her negative to me reads, "Unreasonable, Total nonsense. Do not sell to this buyer unless you want trouble." Nonsense? I have her email to me stating that the scarf was given away as a gift and no longer available. That is NOT nonsense! And as for trouble, if one doesn't want trouble, then they ought not risk bidding on her auctions. Simple as that.

I don't care how many positives she has. My experience with her from start to finish has been a negative one, and I'm not going to sit on it and keep quiet.

Good for you!!:tup: I agree that many of us are scared to tell the truth when giving feedback for fear of retaliation (in general). What bothers me more than anything is the negative she gave you. She should be bending over backwards in apologies for not providing the item you had won. It never hurts to be gracious.

Ardneish,

Opps sorry on wrong info!!

Good for you!!:tup: I agree that many of us are scared to tell the truth when giving feedback for fear of retaliation (in general). What bothers me more than anything is the negative she gave you. She should be bending over backwards in apologies for not providing the item you had won. It never hurts to be gracious.

Couldn't agree more.

ardneish, I did want to say that I understand your viewpoint. Yes, life's too short for seemingly silly things like this (and anyone here who knows what I do for a living will know that I mean that). I guess life's even too short for me to be spending as much time on tPF as I do! I just think that the seller overreacted by posting retaliatory FB and it is a fundamental flaw of the eBay FB system that permits this. The buyer had every right to post negative FB...I am trying to think of what she would have posted otherwise..."Didn't get the scarf but it was authentic and I didn't lose any money"? The only reason in my mind that she should have left a neutral would be to try to avoid retailatory negative FB and there was no guarantee of that. For the buyer to not leave neg. FB further weakens the whole system. I congratulate her for taking a stand on this.
It's too bad that the seller didn't just cool her jets and wait...and then not post any FB (or neutral if she felt compelled).
An eBay auction is a binding transaction and she clearly fell short, regardless of her record.
I wonder if the recommended sellers list should be amended to qualify that although she sells authentic, has on more than one occasion listed items that were not available. Then potential buyers can scout out things on their own if they wish or at least be apprised of this.

latigresse, thank you for sharing your experience. I know now who to avoid! I'm just relieved to know that you hadn't sent her any money yet.

Also - did you save your emails from her? If you did, especially about the ones about her giving the scarf away, you might be able to alert Ebay that you were given a retaliatory feedback and they might be able to cancel that on your behalf. I've never done it before, but it may be worth a shot.

Wow, I think it was nasty on the seller's part to leave you a negative feedback. She shouldn't have given the scarf away, knowing full well that there was an auction in progress. Not a good way to conduct business. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

i can't help feeling bad for the seller though - she DID apologize and try to rectify. what more do we want? a free scarf? that's not right. she made a mistake and the buyer isn't out anything. if the buyer left a neutral which i think would be appropriate, she wouldn't have gotten a neg back. i think the initial neg. fb was retaliatory in itself. i'm sorry. i know i'm in the minority but that is how i feel. She could have left a neutral to let everybody know what happened. why leave a black mark (neg.) if you are not harmed materially? She didn't take money and run and even tried to help rectify.

The seller was probably very upset that you left her negative feedback because in the ebay world negative feedback is left when you had the most awful transaction. Especially because she sells Hermes and not used socks , that one negative feedback could lead buyers to believe her items are not authentic.

I am sure s/he thinks she tried to accommodate you, even though she did give the scarf to someone. She also did refund you your money. Its all about perspective.

I do agree 100%, it would be responsible if she left a message saying she was on vacation or she should have put her items on hold.
I am very sorry you had to go through this.
There are many advantages to ebay but then there are they annoying and disappointing instances that we must deal with.

i can't help feeling bad for the seller though - she DID apologize and try to rectify. what more do we want? a free scarf? that's not right. she made a mistake and the buyer isn't out anything. if the buyer left a neutral which i think would be appropriate, she wouldn't have gotten a neg back. i think the initial neg. fb was retaliatory in itself. i'm sorry. i know i'm in the minority but that is how i feel. She could have left a neutral to let everybody know what happened. why leave a black mark (neg.) if you are not harmed materially? She didn't take money and run and even tried to help rectify.

These are my thoughts also :yes:
there is too much Retaliation in this world and we all know what that leads too .

I could of understood negative if there was a scam or money lost etc etc but there was not. and its obvious people return a slap with another slap which equals nothing but negative

It's always good to see many viewpoints on a topic as that makes for an interesting discussion. :flowers:

I just find it odd and unacceptable that a seller would have an item for sale and let it go through to the end and then say the item isn't available. I think the fact that the seller gave a retaliatory negative speaks volumes . . .

And frankly, it seems fishy to me that she would have to give away that particular scarf, but that opinion is not based on fact and I probably shouldn't have even said that!!:P

It's always good to see many viewpoints on a topic as that makes for an interesting discussion. :flowers:

I just find it odd and unacceptable that a seller would have an item for sale and let it go through to the end and then say the item isn't available. I think the fact that the seller gave a retaliatory negative speaks volumes . . .

And frankly, it seems fishy to me that she would have to give away that particular scarf, but that opinion is not based on fact and I probably shouldn't have even said that!!:P

Life would be so dull if we all thought the same.

:okay: