Buyer asked if she can collect and pay cash??

How do you prove the buyer received the item? If they do a chargeback through Ebay (Can they,since no paypal is involved?), where is your recourse? I don't know if you have any with a personal transaction. For such a large amount, I would be wary.

I've met up with a seller once at a Starbucks and it went smoothly. I've also done it selling something and met in a public place. I have had no worries and get one of those pens if you are worried about fake money. Sometimes people just prefer to meet up.

How do you prove the buyer received the item? If they do a chargeback through Ebay (Can they,since no paypal is involved?), where is your recourse? I don't know if you have any with a personal transaction. For such a large amount, I would be wary.

excellent point!!!

I've paid via PP and picked up the item myself. I'm not a scammer so I didn't even think about claiming I didn't recieve the item.

On the other hand, how can the buyer prove that they paid you, if they didn't pay through PP?

I have only done this once as the buyer. I paid with Paypal and when the seller looked at my shipping address she realized she was going to be very close to my location that same day. I met her at Saks Off 5Th and she was very nice. The bag was authentic and there were no problems. She did ask me to sign a receipt to say I had received the bag. Just be careful if you decide to do this.