Building a jewelry collection

Here's my list of a good jewelry wardrobe. I don't have all of these pieces, but these are the ones I think that will create the most looks and be the most versatile. Its kind of like building a wardrobe. There are the "basics" and then the showstoppers....

Basics
-pearl studs
-diamond studs
-hoops (real metal, if you can afford it. yellow gold, white gold, or silver. For best proportion, buy in width of eyebrow and in length not too big so as to overwhelm the silhouette)
-metal (YG, WG, S) bracelet (with some heft to it-very chic!)
-pearls (best with a unique custom clasp. That way you can turn them around and wear it as a second style of necklace!)
-necklace that fits around top of neck (real metal, if you can afford it. white gold, yellow gold, or silver--short 15.75" or so)
-good watch in a classic design (again, real metal, if you can afford it. stainless, gold, or silver or mixed metal)
some sort of ring (wedding ring, if you are married) and/or for the other hand a tri-metal Cartier rolling ring is really cool.

if I had all of that, to mix it up a bit, I'd add

a funky necklace that is a showpiece
a wild cocktail ring
some sparkly dangly earrings
a substantial chain 18" in a metal (gold, silver or white gold)
pendants to wear on the chain for different looks

(where is the jewelry fairy????) Now that I've listed all of this stuff--I want it!!

for me it is:

e-ring and wedding band
diamond studs
pearl earings
silver hoops
gold hoops
great watch
small diamond pendant
somethnig tiffany silver!
charm bracelet

all the other pieces i have just kinda of build around this