Food Bubble Tea

^ VLL, there's a place in that Asian Plaza on Spring Mountain Rd. called Volcano Tea House that has pretty good boba (at least the last time I was there they did), give it a shot if you have time!

Really Claire? Wow that sucks. Whenever I go get boba, they usually don't put milk in unless you specify milk tea. Boba is such a huge thing where I grew up and they know better than to mess up your drinks! LOL. I've been drinking it for over a decade and I'm so particular about my boba it's sad. I'll stop now. :whistle:

If you like the milk teas, I would suggest taro milk tea too if they have it at your place. Soooooo good!
I'll give taro milk tea a try! I was wondering... the sign said that all the drinks are low fat, low cal and dairy free? I wonder what they put in it! It tastes good, whatever it is. I have no idea how authentic it is, though :P

I've seen this one FoodNetwork. Wonder if we have one of these in Vegas? We have a huge asian business area here, maybe I'll check it out!

I've had bobba tea in vegas. but be careful, if you want it with ice, instead of milk, you have to say it. lol. Not a lot of Bobba in the strip or w/e, but if you go to the areas outside, theres plenty, espically in Pho shops.

I've seen this one FoodNetwork. Wonder if we have one of these in Vegas? We have a huge asian business area here, maybe I'll check it out!

Have you been to the little chinatown area in LV? They should have it there....I'm almost certain of it. I went to a chinese/vietnamese restaurant there once and a chinese supermarket. They should definitely have boba/bubble tea.

I'll give taro milk tea a try! I was wondering... the sign said that all the drinks are low fat, low cal and dairy free? I wonder what they put in it! It tastes good, whatever it is. I have no idea how authentic it is, though :P

It depends on what you get. Usually the flavored teas are about a shot or two of the fruit flavored syrup (strawberry, apple, peach, whatever flavor you get) and then the rest of the glass is just regular green tea or black tea. There's no additional sugar which is a plus!

If you get milk teas then usually it's whatever kind of tea mixed in with regular milk or possibly some condensed milk as well. Different places make it differently. For example, I love HK style milk tea which uses condensed milk.

If you get the slushies or snowbubbles then usually its a cup of ice, a couple scoops of the powder and then a little milk or water to give it that slushy feel.

Every place makes it slightly differently but I'd say the breakdown above is a pretty good snapshot.

And as for the low fat, low cal and dairy free.........mm I don't know about that. Snowbubbles and milk teas have dairy/milk but regular fruit flavored teas and slushies usually don't. As for low fat I guess they could use low fat milk?? I don't know about that one but it slightly says balogna to me.