Food brown rice

It's easiest in the rice cooker, but make sure you get a large capacity one. It always makes a mess on the lid of my 3-cup rice cooker and that is so hard to clean since the lid is attached. Stove top is not as consistant and you have to watch for the fire. I've been meaning to try making rice in the oven, heard that is a good option too.

I just saute the rice in about a tablespoon of butter and some olive oil for about 3 minutes on a medium high heat. Then I add chicken stock (2 1@ cups to 1 cup of rice) and put it on a very low heat or simmer.....for about 40 minutes. Fluff with a fork. It works out perfectly every time.

2 1/2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice. Compass Rose showed perfectly how it could be done. If you don't want to do that, just put rice into pan with water, bring to boil, then turn the heat to simmer, cover and cook until water boils away.

I have tried and tried and tried...but..I don't love brown rice.
I still... no matter what, prefer jasmine or basmati.
No matter how healthy I eat...that is what I make or order.:shrugs:

I've heard cooking brown rice in chicken or vegetable stock makes it tastier. Depending on what kind of flavor profile you are going for, you could add some soy sauce after its done cooking for a better flavor. Or a tab of butter, salt and pepper never hurts either!

I cook brown rice in a 3 cup rice cooker. You really have to rinse it very well before you start to cook it to remove some of the starch. Make sure the water runs clear. I let the rice soak in the water for a few hours before I start to cook it. It seems to help with preventing the water from boiling over during the cooking process.

FWIW, my parents have noticed a difference in quality/tastiness between the brown rice they bought at Costo (blech) & the one they bought at an Asian grocery (better).