Breast Augmentation?

Cassidy...I guess this means if I want my c cup...I'll have to ask for 1000 cc's. Geez.:nuts: :greengrin:
Charles, I appreciate your two cents and I love that you're one of those who loves a woman no matter. I'm very much like acegirl. I've got a healthy self-esteem, my dh would never push for it (he could care less either way...although talk of doing it is admittingly peeking his interest) and if I never got it done, neithre one of us would lose a wink.
Having said that. I'm a back w/nipples.
I want to be sexy for my husband and although I still feel sexy cuz I know he adores me and other things, I think it'll be amazing to put on a swim suit and lingerie, dresses, etc. and look like a woman is suppose to. I didn't have much before nursing 3, but see above statement for accuracy! :Push:

Right, but I feel you two fall under the reconstructive side, so I can understand that. Pregnancy, cancer...they both do damage to a female's body. It would seem natural to want to repair that damage.
I guess I was more commenting on the procedure as a whole and reasons why a lot of girls, who haven't had cancer or have been pregnant, seem to want it. I mean, girls who are getting them for an 18th bday present??? Come on!

Check out Breasthealthonline.org Great site with information on both breast augmentation and reduction. I had a reduction done 2 years ago---one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. It wasn't a huge reduction but after two kids I needed a lift and a small reduction and I'm so HAPPY! This website helped me tremendously...lots of great info and helpful people. They have forums just like these. HTH someone!

BQueen: Tell me about your pain and mobility facthor during the first week. I consider myself pretty tough, but my dh is concerned about my caring for my kids. Sounds like you sailed through yours...

Right, but I feel you two fall under the reconstructive side, so I can understand that. Pregnancy, cancer...they both do damage to a female's body. It would seem natural to want to repair that damage.
I guess I was more commenting on the procedure as a whole and reasons why a lot of girls, who haven't had cancer or have been pregnant, seem to want it. I mean, girls who are getting them for an 18th bday present??? Come on!

I do agree with you... I also think alot of young girls get their breasts done because of peer pressure (fitting into that mold) or in hopes of attracting a man. That's totally the wrong mindset. Find the man first & have him fall in love with you & your small breasts. THEN have them done because YOU want to~ Plus, a guy that dates you for your boobs will ALWAYS be the wrong guy. Now I'm not saying ALL girls reason's are this but many, yes.

BQueen: Tell me about your pain and mobility facthor during the first week. I consider myself pretty tough, but my dh is concerned about my caring for my kids. Sounds like you sailed through yours...

first week i did nothing was unable to lift anything. pain was well controlled with medication. i would say you will only be able to get yourself dressed and eat you wont be able to do housework or cook until after a week.

I agree w/ the fact that some people NEED overs, not unders.
If you are prone to sag at all you will need overs, and if you get silicone overs in a less projecting profile then no one will be able to tell they aren't natural.
People who sag and get under the muscle are VERY prone to something called double bubble. . . not pretty.
Also, if you like to work out a lot, unders can look funny while you're flexing your muscles.

I totally agree

I'm fine with plastic surgery as long as it was done for the right reasons. Something that bothers you for a long time and you finally decid to fix it is fine. If your husband wants you to be a C cup and you're happy with a B cup, no.

A good plastic surgeon would be able to say no to an 18 year old if she wanted the implants or reconstruction for the wrong reasons. (If she wants her boobs bigger, that's what push up bras and silicone bra inserts are for.)

I didn't have implants. I had a lift / reconstruction. I was happy with the size but not the shape. (I had too much skin.)

My plastic surgeon did a wonderful job and I'm so happy with them. I feel so much better about myself.

A little story . . . Three plastic surgeons share the same waiting room and it was amusing to overhear things. Ioverheard a woman tell the secretary, "My husband is paying for them."

My parents and I had this whole discussion of what exactly she meant by that and whether or not it was a good or bad thing.

We concluded that if her husband was paying for them and he wanted her to get them (whatever they were) then it was bad, but if it was something she's been wanting for a long time and he decided to pony up the dough, then it was fine.

Ladies...what about the difference in choice between the anatomical, high profile and round implants? I"ve looked at pics, but it's hard to tell. Thoughts?

Ladies...what about the difference in choice between the anatomical, high profile and round implants? I"ve looked at pics, but it's hard to tell. Thoughts?

I think the anatomical ones are more of a ''natural'' shape, where as the high profiles (this is what I have) give you a little more projection.

I also have high profiles & as Holly Di said they project out farther without the extra width. If you are on the smaller side &/or have a narrower ribcage some implants would actually be too wide. The HP's give me the fullness that I needed but not the width (so no pancake or dinner plate boobs as I've heard them called..) Your PS can determine what works best for you on that as well:yes:

Wow. All along I thought that under the muscle was the best. Thanks for educating me ladies!

Just my opinion, take it or leave it but I would never have gotten over the muscle implants. My PS is incredible, does Playboy playmates. Maxim models etc... and WILL NOT do implants over the muscle for one reason alone. Because when you get them over the muscle it is very difficult to have a mammogram. It is practically impossible to mammogram the entire breast and seperate the implant. My life isn't worth having larger breasts. When performed under the muscle the seperation is MUCH easier and while it is still slightly more difficult to have a mammogram than without implants it is much easier than when the implant is IN the breast tissue.