breaking news

Thank you for the post. Always good to know new info. Now for the opinion. I don`t really like it. I think it looks like some thing from Mark Jacobs or any other Utility bag design,Hermes should consider clean classic designs.
Agree 100%. The fact that this bag does not look "clean classic" is exactly the reason why I would not buy it. Regardless of the Hermes material quality and workmanship, I would not pay Hermes price for this ordinary design. If I want a utility bag, I can get a Marc jacobs bag for much less. Then again, why would I even consider a Marc Jacobs bag after having owned birkins and bolide?

......... and just for fun....

1160727025_04069d3e33.jpg

Agree 100%. The fact that this bag does not look "clean classic" is exactly the reason why I would not buy it. Regardless of the Hermes material quality and workmanship, I would not pay Hermes price for this ordinary design. If I want a utility bag, I can get a Marc jacobs bag for much less. Then again, why would I even consider a Marc Jacobs bag after having owned birkins and bolide?

I feel the same way also - it doesn't have the simple elegance that Hermes designs usually have.

Slightly OT, my DH and I have an acquaintance, a tres difficile single woman named Susan. When one or the other of us starts acting like a diva we say "Don't be a Susan." (To which the other responds "I'm not the Susan, you're the Susan!")

^^^ I should also add that we have another very dear friend, a real sweetheart, named Susan. Her name never gets taken in vain! So no offense to any Susans out there!:P

LOL! Rose, that's so funny!

You know, if you can't deal with the filmsy Lindy, I don't see how you can deal with this? A good test is the Kelly Lakis. There is one in my store right now, and I tried it. Not even for me. Too busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dressage queen
well, isn't that remarkable? (that's what they taught me to say instead of 'no $hit' at charm school.)

:yes: I couldn't agree more. Though being obsessed with Hermes we shouldn't loose our sense of an original H-level style (that of Grace Kelly, Jackie O, Audrey Hepburn..). I think Hermes will loose alot if continued following IT trends and bringing those seasonal models. We don't have to drool over everything H comes up with these days, don't we?
Not to offend anyone JPG Birkin and Muff fans I think they shouldn've come up with it...NOT following the trends but perfecting the iconic models is what sets Hermes apart from ALL the rest. That's what I LOVE about Hermes. Immortal style...and never over the top! It makes Hermes so special and money's worth.
IMHO Hermes bag must be the special item in one's wardrobe but all-n-always clad in only Hermes...mmm...not special anymore.
I love my Hermes accessories of all kinds, Kellies, Birkins and Evelyne and always happy to make them work with my clothing and vice versa. That is fun! But making Hermes bend under each and every need and occasion of every customer...:tdown:
Oh and can please, someone with encyclopaedia knowledge on Hermes tell me if someone ever had to ask Jane Birkin's permission to get one?

Thank you sharing the article, HiHeels!