Botkier owners: leather care tips?

cmd28

CD
O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
I purchased my first Botkier bag - east/west trigger satchel, and I love it. I love the soft, pebble leather.
I live in Seattle, so I need to waterproof it!

So, what type of leather care products do you use on your Botkier bags? I've searched for days on this forum about the different brands that people use on their bags, and I can't seem to decide what I want to try.

I was considering the Coach products, but it says not to use on 'pebbled leather' so I think I'll stay away from that one.

On the Botkier site, it says:
Care of bags
Botkier Handbags are made of beautiful Italian leather. Grain and slight differences of color are characteristics of the leather. The leather is natural, untreated (in most cases), and can spot and sometimes lose color. Particular care is recommended for Laminate colors (metallic) because contact with lacquer, perfume, and anything containing alcohol and derivatives can cause damage. As with all quality leather they should be treated with a weatherproof protection and care.

i am always too scared to weatherproof/waterproof spray ANYTHING on any of my nice leather bags,,,, so i just dont use my botkiers or anything when its rainy,,,

i would love to know tho from people who are bold enough to spray their bags and have had good results what they used
GOOD QUESTION!!!!

(AND DOES IT CHANGE THE LEATHER? DOES IT REALLLY KEEP IT FROM GETTING WATER SPOTS IF IT GETS A LITTLE RAIN!!!!)

It's been raining all week here and it's so hard for me to leave my new Botkier bag at home! I've just been trying to keep it as dry as possible.

Since the Botkier bag care recommends treating it with some sort of weatherproof protection, then I figured I better do so. I definetly don't want water spots or for the leather color to change!