Bobbi Brown Lovers Thread: Post Questions, Codes, & Purchases!!!

Next is the CCO purchases. I was thrilled when I left there. The liners were $14.75, glosses were $21 and the balm was $35. I like the balm. I would get it again just get the extra light next time. But this color works well just by its self on me then use powder.

007-1.jpg

did you find it moisturizing...? should i be using moisturizer with it? i want to love it but found it very drying...

leggeks, I don't know how I missed your pic! Nice finds!!

And I am curious to hear about the moisturizing balm myself. I love tinted moisturizers myself, and this might be a nice winter alternative for me.

I've never been one to layer too much during the day. I wait for serums and chemical exfoliants for night. I generally have T zone oily skin and can dry on my cheeks in winter and sometimes flakies around nostrils. I've been using this alone during the day. And it's plenty for me. I wouldn't personally use another moisturizer with it. BUT if you think you needed one, I would use one that soaks into your skin quickly like the Clinique dramatically different gel.
The balm has a weird texture I think. It looks really thick but it's kinda creamy and kinda like a gel. It smooths on well though. The smell for SPF 25 is not too offensive. I hate higher SPFs because of the smell and this one is okay.

I've never been one to layer too much during the day. I wait for serums and chemical exfoliants for night. I generally have T zone oily skin and can dry on my cheeks in winter and sometimes flakies around nostrils. I've been using this alone during the day. And it's plenty for me. I wouldn't personally use another moisturizer with it. BUT if you think you needed one, I would use one that soaks into your skin quickly like the Clinique dramatically different gel.
The balm has a weird texture I think. It looks really thick but it's kinda creamy and kinda like a gel. It smooths on well though. The smell for SPF 25 is not too offensive. I hate higher SPFs because of the smell and this one is okay.

Thanks, this is helpful!! I am going to ask for a sample of this next time I go to the BB counter. I love the fact that she puts SPF in so many of her products.

The SA made me a small sample (honestly, it was the littlest sample I have ever seen! I should take a pic for laughs!)of the new eye cream when I bought my goodies. I have to say the stuff is AMAZEING!!! I am going back tomorrow to buy the full size product!

The SA made me a small sample (honestly, it was the littlest sample I have ever seen! I should take a pic for laughs!)of the new eye cream when I bought my goodies. I have to say the stuff is AMAZEING!!! I am going back tomorrow to buy the full size product!

Which eye cream is it? TIA! :smile:
Is it a day cream? If so, here's hoping it has SPF...I may just check this out...

Hi, I'm new here, and I love this forum!:heart:
I just jumped into Bobbi Brown with both feet. I bought her foundation, concealer and bronzer from my somewhat local cosmetics counter. I ordered her basic lip palette, gel liner and eye makeup remover and they came yesterday. Free overnight shipping!!! I love these, first time I ever applied a gel eyeliner, and it was soooo easy. I love my Bobbi Brown.

Welcome to the addiction Starina!:welcome2:
Pretty soon you'll be changing over all your makeup to Bobbi's. It's an investment at first but now that I know I will never need to purchase another eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush etc from somewhere else, you'll find you save money. Make sure to tell us how you like the items you got!

Hi, I'm new here, and I love this forum!:heart:
I just jumped into Bobbi Brown with both feet. I bought her foundation, concealer and bronzer from my somewhat local cosmetics counter. I ordered her basic lip palette, gel liner and eye makeup remover and they came yesterday. Free overnight shipping!!! I love these, first time I ever applied a gel eyeliner, and it was soooo easy. I love my Bobbi Brown.

You got the gel liner...smart woman!! :biggrin:

I am loving the corrector that I bought a few weeks ago...if you get a chance you might want to try that. And the long-wear cream eyeshadows are excellent, the very best on the market. They have ruined me for all other cream shadows. :lol:

Can't wait to hear what you think about your new makeup! Welcome!

So far, I love everything! What is the corrector? Oh, I see I'll have to try the cream eyeshadows. I am amazed at the gel liner, fabulous stuff. I have no experience with liner at all, and I can do a perfect job. Can't say enough good things!
I'm pleased with how 'fresh' my 'face' stays. I did my makeup xmas eve, before I started cooking, and when I went to remove it, it still looked great. Oh, the eye makeup remover is wonderful also. Everything just wipes off clean.

So far, I love everything! What is the corrector? Oh, I see I'll have to try the cream eyeshadows. I am amazed at the gel liner, fabulous stuff. I have no experience with liner at all, and I can do a perfect job. Can't say enough good things!
I'm pleased with how 'fresh' my 'face' stays. I did my makeup xmas eve, before I started cooking, and when I went to remove it, it still looked great. Oh, the eye makeup remover is wonderful also. Everything just wipes off clean.

I know just what you mean about the gel liner...I have always loved the look of liquid liner but stink at applying it (or so I thought). I then bought the BB gel liner last year and returned it before I even tried it, I was so intimidated. I finally got up the nerve to give it a go again a few months ago and I was so excited to see that it's easy to put on!

And the corrector is this creamy base that you put on underneath your concealer and it really helps with discoloration/dark circles...some people who don't have bag undereye circles just use it alone, in fact. (I use both, because I am an insomniac). :P

You probably need to go to the counter to get color-matched for this one, though -- but if you know your foundation and concealer color, maybe they could just help you over the phone. :yes: