BMW vs. MB

^^^I just went and picked that exact car up for the president of the company I work for. It was pretty cute.
I personally love my BMW, its so sleek and beautiful. If you're worried about driving the snow I recomend the the xi model. Thats what I have and its great.

I have a BMW 3 series, I purchased it brand new a couple of years ago and have never had a problem with it.
The dealership where I purchased it services BMW & Mercedes, a service rep told me that the Mercedes has way more problems than BMW.
BMW gets my vote!

I have a BMW X3 which I chose over the Mercedes SUV because I loved the way the BMW handled and drove. My previous car was a Lexus ES300 so I was really skeptical of getting anything other than a Lexus (excellent customer service), but BMW won me over in an instant. I have had absolutely no problems with my car, it handles beautifully, and I think it's hot as hell for a mommy car! LOL! And also because Mercedes has had a lot of problems with their SUVs. Also, BMW has outstanding customer service- and they take care of everything imaginable for your car. I am completely satisfied!

Of course, I would also get a Mercedes as well- I think both car manufacturers are excellent. But coming from the motor city- I know that there is not a car make out there that does not have its own problems.

I prefer the Mercedes-Benz lifestyle- refined, somewhat "old money", and elegant. Not to say that I don't like BMW's- I love the 650i! However, on my Mom's old 3-series (she now owns a Lexus GS), the sensitive a/c sensors were placed right underneath the bumper and as a result, got torn off twice by going over those small cement things in parking spaces. BMW wouldn't cover it because it was "our fault" but was happy to take the $500 for each visit- and it had to be done because the a/c wouldn't function without it.

Pink*Petunia said:
Lisa ~ This is what I'm considering for my next MB.
Anybody have this model (CLS550)? I've only had C and E models before. I think this is a fairly new one and I'm a little cautious, because sometimes a new model needs a few years of production for them to work the kinks out.

:love: That is a gorgeous vehicle!!! The lines are so sexy! :love:

Superbaby said:
benz 320.

buy a bmw, buy a toolbox.. bmw engine is bad after 30,000 miles.

Ekk, lets hope not.:wtf: My X5 02 is at 33,000.:yahoo: I ordered it new. I previously owned a 3 series.It made it to 93,000 . I have never owned a MB but it is definitely in my near future!

3 series all the way! I LOVE BMW!!! The new coupes just came out and they are absolutely gorgeous, you can configure the 328i, 828xi, and 335i on bmwusa.com now! The sedans are amazing too...my dad just brought his BMW in for service and had the 330i as a loner and it was awesome!!! I'm getting the 335xi in April when it comes out, and I'm sooo excited!

Lisa ~ This is what I'm considering for my next MB.
Anybody have this model (CLS550)? I've only had C and E models before. I think this is a fairly new one and I'm a little cautious, because sometimes a new model needs a few years of production for them to work the kinks out.

Get it!! My cousin has one, and it is a blast!!

benz 320.

buy a bmw, buy a toolbox.. bmw engine is bad after 30,000 miles.

We have had many BMWs over the years & NEVER had any engine problems. My husband drove most of them over 130,000 miles. I still have our 97 M5 & it has 182,000 & it still kicks a$$ & takes prisoners. Our new 760 is a dream & we don't pay for anything other than tires & brake pads for 100,000 miles. It is awesome!!! No wiper blades, oil changes, light bulbs, tune ups, NADA. No money out of pocket. Hands down BMW has been the best car manufacturer I have ever come across.
I am quite saddened by your experience superbaby, I am sorry something turned you away from such great cars.

The new BMW 3 series is a great looking model!
I would say buy a lexus, they never have problems.

i know Mercedes definitely had problems. MY ex had a clk and it would sometimes stop on the highway and turn off. It was unreal and a pain.

I think BMWs got better, a lot better. If it were between the two, go for the BMW.

BMW lover here too!

My family has owned both brands for many years, but I do prefer BMW for myself. I have the e46 which is one model lower from the newest model (e90). Mine is a 320i and the car is a pleasure to drive, the size is okay for women, stylish, safety.. what more do you want? :P I have test drove the 318i e90 and I must tell ya that my 320i is much better to drive! So, remember this in mind, if you decide to get a BMW, at least get a 320i and not anything lower, you can really feel the difference. And no, we never had a problem with our 3 series so far. Everytime we changed cars, it's coz a newer model came out and we wanted to upgrade it.

We've also owned several Benz, but currently there are only 2 left, a C180 and E260. We never had any experience with the C320 though, so I cant vouch for that one. But maybe, if you're looking for a comparison of a C320 on a BMW you might wanna look at at least a 325i or above.. or better yet an M3 (my dream car :rolleyes:).

GL finding your car!