Black Velvet

toonie

O.G.
Apr 22, 2006
This has had me wondering for quite sometime.Which skin looks the best in black?Not including Box or Chevre.Both which I find are fabulous!I would like my next bag to be black,I am looking for a rich black 35 Birkin with gold hardware.Sometimes I feel Togo to look slightly dry,So I am thinking about Fjord or Clemence?Any advice would be greatly appreciated:love:

i love grained leathers for birkins, so my vote would be clemence. i love how clemence picks up the dye and is INK black (darker than togo). i love black with gold hardware on kellies but for birkins which i feel are more casual, i love how modern and fresh palladium looks against black. only drawback to clemence would be slouchiness but i think slouchy looks pretty cool too! i always enjoy seeing victoria beckham's 35 black clemence with gold hardware in the 'stars' thread.

Toonie - have you looked at Evergrain? A couple of memebers have Birkins in this and it seems to take the black quite nicely.
For me (excluding the leathers you mentioned) I'd say Clemence but I have never seen Black Fjord IRL.

I am one of the ones with a black Evergrain Birkin and it's gorrrrrgeous!
It has a silky look to it, and it's a nice rich black, though not pitch black. If you want super-saturated color I would vote for Fjord which is blacker than most other leathers in my opinion.

Here's my 30cm in swift... love the feel of the leather. I turned down black chevre because IMO, it looked "plasticky"...

285082809.jpg

Evergrain is definitely lighter weight than older Togo. Newer Togo seems to be not quite as thick, so it's comparable in weight to Evergrain.
I don't know about Swift as I actually don't own anything in Swift. Yet.