Birthday Bag Dilemma: A Most Piteous Plea with a Pic

... you could fill in the engraving with clear nail polish, let it dry thoroughly, and THEN paint over it with your preferred matching or contrasting color.
HauteMama, this is at once a brilliant and Inspiring idea and one that makes me slap my forehead and go "Duh!"

I think this is exactly what I am going to do, the "chocolate mint" nail polish that currently adorns my fingers and toes will be just perfect if I put on two coats, I like a lighter look for personal adornment, but in its full strength it is very near the color of the brown trim! Thank you!
...assuming that your total and eternal shopping ban excludes worthy causes...kidzpositive make up beadwork to order... There is a minimum of 40 items... others the opportunity to cover up their logos.....
trees, I :heart: you! My Total and Eternal Shopping Ban sadly excludes everything but pills, and I don't know 40 people who A) have logos and B) realize they have logos and C) want to cover them up. BUT I happen to know a lady who is planning one of those huge sprawling "family reunions" with such a large number of attendees that they cook black-eyed peas, and unfortunately, chitlins, outdoors in huge industrial vats, who will be all over this as a delightful alternative to those silly t-shirts that everybody else in the world does. She has a very short last name, and little pins with it and the year would be perfect and also save her the aggravation of trying to decide if the twin second cousins in Ottowa really take a size M or just wish they did.
...get a fun colored grosgrain ribbon, loop it through those straps on the side and around the purse, tie it in a bow on the front, RIGHT OVER the logo patch. Adds a streak of color and whimsy, covers up what you don't want seen.
While this is beyond my own skill level, it is such a wonderful idea that I'm going to get someone to help me do it, if not to this bag, to another one that does not have logo problem but would still look great with a ribbon! This sounds like a really cool way to add a little bit more of a certain color to any outfit that needs it! Thanks!

And thanks to all for your ideas, good wishes and saying nice things. My birthday was actually just about a month ago, but celebrations were delayed due to peoples' work schedules, and then I didn't really pay much attention to the bag until a few days ago, when I hung it on the doorknob of my office and commenced to contemplate it.

claireZk, I am not singling out this particular company. If I am going to perform any free services, I will do so for a non-proft organization or community effort, I am not able to serve in any capacity on a volunteer basis for any company.

And to those who pointed out that the logo instances are all small and un-noticeable, you are absolutely right, and I do not flatter myself that the general public will be scrutinizing my bag. But I would know the logos were there, so I guess it is a matter of principle. And I have come to like the bag, and I want to be able to use it comfortably. I have come to sort of like even the topstitching, though I am also grateful to those who helped me with solutions to that should I decide at some point that it is just too terrible to bear.

If I were you I'd try to find a tiny square of matching leather/material the handles are made from and glue it on the top. You could maybe even find a square tiny enough somewhere inside the bag that you wouldn't miss.