Birkin weight

shoes319 said:
I'm going for the chevre leather next for a birkin!

I don't know alot about this...but a friend told me that birkins don't usually come in Chevre. (especially 35's) She has a nice collection of Hermes and she spoke with her SA and the SA told her Chevre birkins are few and far between because so much skin is hard to come by to make them. I suppose they aren't impossible, but much more rare. Have you heard that?

One other thing...I don't know about all of you, but for the longest time I carried all leather bags and then all of a sudden all leather was not the "in" thing in retail. It was cloth, or part leather/part fabric, or just leather trim. Soon I realized what I once paid for all leather bags I was paying for cloth with leather trim. With that came the lighter bags. SO....now that we love these Hermes bags...remember they are all leather and we are not use to it. They just are plain heavy on their own. Sometimes I forget all that.

You know...think LV, Prada, Gucci, Coach...not unless you buy their top tier bags do you really carry all leather. Plus, Hermes is just quality and not junk.

Kellybag said:
One other thing...I don't know about all of you, but for the longest time I carried all leather bags and then all of a sudden all leather was not the "in" thing in retail. It was cloth, or part leather/part fabric, or just leather trim. Soon I realized what I once paid for all leather bags I was paying for cloth with leather trim. With that came the lighter bags. SO....now that we love these Hermes bags...remember they are all leather and we are not use to it. They just are plain heavy on their own. Sometimes I forget all that.

You know...think LV, Prada, Gucci, Coach...not unless you buy their top tier bags do you really carry all leather. Plus, Hermes is just quality and not junk.

U r absolutely right. :heart: That is why i use my garden party much more often. It is almost like a 35 size but much more light-weight, and i can carry it on my shoulder :lol: :lol:

Kellybag said:

FYI - I do recall an old article that stated you can tell the quality of a handbag by the leather used for both its interior & exterior. I believe Hermes has mastered that art!:P