Birkin waiting list

In my hometown there is a Hermès store, they have a list: you order and they put you in the waitlist.
There is a limited number of bags they can order, so you must go in time. For example NOW : aif you order a Birkin arrival time is supposed to be FallWinter 2010 and a Kelly Spring 2010 (but they already closed the list).
As I said, it may happen that somebody does not want the bag anymore and you can take it (they have a spelcial list and call people they know who wants that style)

Hi all, I'm an H newbie here, so have tons of questions in pursuit of my first Birkin(s):

As it's said that the waitlist for FSH will be open again this September, if I manage to get on the list, will the waiting time be around one year then?

Also if what I want is an ostrich birkin, will the waiting time be longer?

Can you be on the waitlist for two different birkins at once or you can only order one at a time?

Many thanks!!!

Razzo, I have been trying to find the thread or announcement regarding what you mention as I do remember reading something like that. Can you help where this was or how you know this? I also remember a date around the end of April.

Clanalois, I've been on the waitlist before & still do :smile:

The wait for a Birkin could be months or years. If you're more open to the choice of colors, leather, size & hardware, the wait is usually shorter. If you're more specific or looking at classic colors like black, tan/gold etc. the wait is definitely longer as these are most sought-after. You don't need downpayment to be on the waitlist.

btw, I've heard of some lucky ladies who bumped into their dream Birkins when they were in cities like Sydney and Tokyo...It's rare but it does happen. Hope this helps!

I got one - Birkin 35 black in Togo 2 weeks after I asked my SA for it. I guess it's pure luck.

I just came back from a holiday trip cum shopping spree in Singapore. Got friendly with one of the SA at H, Liat Towers, and was told that the waiting list was open since January 2010. However, it is now 4 years and there's already more than a 1000 odd names to it! I'd rather fly to Japan or Paris in search of my dream bag!

Generally waiting time is up to 6 months if you manage to order a Birkin from FSH. They will not allow you to order more than one - but buy their crocodile jacket, or their dinner service, they will be flexible on the quantity - its business after all.

Ostrich and other exotics can be ordered through out the year - but rarely to someone who is a H "newbe".

Hi all, I'm an H newbie here, so have tons of questions in pursuit of my first Birkin(s):

As it's said that the waitlist for FSH will be open again this September, if I manage to get on the list, will the waiting time be around one year then?

Also if what I want is an ostrich birkin, will the waiting time be longer?

Can you be on the waitlist for two different birkins at once or you can only order one at a time?

Many thanks!!!

Ostrich and other exotics can be ordered through out the year - but rarely to someone who is a H "newbe".[/QUOTE]

^^^ If an order for croc is being placed in another store than FSH, will FSH process that order outside the podium-periods. Or will the store, where the order was placed at first, wait and take the order to podium? (Hope someone understands this confusing question :P) TIA

If you're not that picky for the color, you will get it easily. I saw 2 Birkins already @ Rodeo Dr, one in Black and the other one in Etoupe ;)

OMG! You saw an etoupe birkin available!!!!!! Where, where, where???? I am looking for either a 35 cm togo black (SH/GH) or etoupe (SH). Please do tell me!