Birkin Talk?

Thanks for all your input ladies and gents.

Im very curious for this weekend. I will post what happens, either way.

Im positive it will be a great experience, even though it's going to be a quick trip. (18 hours layover+visiting folks+Haircut+Hermes = :nuts: )

I just hope I wont get re-routed on the way.:crybaby:

Thanks.

Everyone has given some really good advice above, but one thing that might help you understand why they couldn't seem to care less is because the SA's don't get commision on their sale of Birkins. So as Greentea pointed out, not only do they want you to become a loyal fan and customer of the line as a whole, they have a financial incentive for you to do so. Once you demonstrate that you're this kind of customer, things go smoother.

And as Kellybag pointed out above, everyone's experience varies GREATLY and for no apparent reason. Probably a combination of luck and hitting on the right SA at the right time. Each store has different policies and even within the same store, each person gets treated differently. No it's not great, but once you kind of accept this, it makes it "slightly" easier to stomach.

Ladystara: I visit the Hermes Boutiques in Las Vegas (Bellagio), Costa Mesa (O.C.) and Beverly Hills, CA. These visit are during my layover trips.

Sometimes, when im back home over my parents in LA, I would drive down to Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza) and Rodeo drive Hermes store and other Boutiques.

I've talked to an SA in Rodeo drive (Christopher was his name) last spring...And Hermes "might" be having a boutique in PHOENIX, AZ in Fall2007. I think this is great news. But...to save uncle sam's TAX..i hope to have it before it opens up PHX.

Where do you live in PHX. Im from the Glendale area. I do plan to go to Snotsdale:graucho: today. hehehe.

kln said:
I think I pretty much agree with star on this one: if I walk into a store and basically tell them I am ready to buy a birkin, can they help me find one, I am not sure why they would refuse me, especially if I seem serious. I am not going to say I "might" be interested. I am interested, and I am ready to pay for it, but I am also willing to wait for it, if there's a wait. Why would they not want to sell me a bag? ultimately, if I tell them exactly what I am looking for, I do not see why they would not want to try to make a sale. Not saying the befriend an SA approach doesn't work, just saying, I don't think I can do it. . .since I am new to my area, it would just seem like a charade to get the bag. . . thoughts?

NO offense, but it really doesn't usually work like that. You can walk into that store and tell them you are ready to buy a birkin all you want to...that doesn't mean they will do anything but politely tell you the list is closed, the bags are on back order, they are reserved for certain customers, etc. When I first got in the market for a birkin, I could not understand their attitude, but over time I came to appreciate that they want loyal customers. Not just birkin customers.

I missed the first time that you want a Birkin 45. These are much easier to get. There's usually one on the floor at my Hermes when I go in - and I'm not there that often.
Is this for a carryon bag? :smile:

Hi..greentea. (I love your name!)Wha

It's for everyday bag. Travelling too..a carry-all tote. I think the B30 is small for me, for a guy that is. I think 35-45cm is perfect, kinda unisex size.What do you think? Is there a 35cm at all? I know I'd like the HAC one (As someone here mentioned. What does HAC stands for? Horizontal??? ) Thanks

I'd do a Birkin 40cm, then. HAC is a slightly taller Birkin and can be unisex in the larger sizes (42cm) - stands for Haut Au Courroies, which means High Belts in French. HAC has shorter handles

wow guy guys are so knowledgable reading this thread has assured me 100% that I am going to develop a good relationship with my SA! I told my boyfriend about this and he thought I was silly .... He also believes if hes got the money, serious about buying why can't he wait for one without going through all the "trouble". But I truly believe that the loyal customers is what they want and I appreciate their so call "selectiveness" because in the end its us who are carrying the bags (the loyal customers not the ones who just want birkins) hehe...

I have not gotten a single item YET from any H stores but soon soon (as soon as I can put together some funds) its going to a Evelyne or Bearn wallet -then I've decided to wait for a Kelly...and eventually moving on until one day a Birkin comes my way *yay*

sorry to sound harsh now but the main question is.
why should a SA sell a birkin to a one off customer when she has 10 other loyal customers (who buy more than just one bag) she can offer it too? would make no sense at all
it is a business and nothing personal.

star3777 said:
I apologise if I sound nasty, but I dislike SA's. I feel that once they know you are going to spend ,they don't leave you alone and are imposing. I had an SA from Dior call me yesterday, overseas, just to say "hi"....yea right. Maybe I was not objective enough, sorry. I get alot of calls and they just don't impress me even if it is my dearly beloved LV sa's. I hope you find your Hac, but I would use the experience to choose what I want, not be invited so to speak ...I just don't like that approach. I walked into Hermes, told them what I wanted and that was all. It still has not arrived, but they called me for 3 other Birkin's since. So it has been My choice, as I think it should be anybody's choice spending this much on a bag. I hope I did not offend.

Starr - I LOVE this!! I totally agree, and feel like I've been doing some serious "sucking up" for no reason, and I hate myself for it...I would NEVER do it anywhere else, why the hell should I do it at H????

Good Call - I'm with you on this one :yes:

style101 said:
Everyone has given some really good advice above, but one thing that might help you understand why they couldn't seem to care less is because the SA's don't get commision on their sale of Birkins. .

Yeah, this was brought up some time ago. I found it rather surprising that they DON'T get commission on birkins.

lilach, I agree with what you said...as usual! :flowers: