Biggest fashion pet peeves?

I have to add non matching top/bottom bikinis...its meant to be bought as a set.

I have to defend this. I buy bikinis as sets, but I often choose to wear them as separate pieces and mix-and-match within my collection. I find wearing bikini sets boring and predictable, matchy tops and bottoms are meant for toddlers and/or suits. IMHO, the beach is fun, so I'm gonna have fun with what I wear to it.

Could be a generational thing - most of mine seem to do the mix and match thing and my mother's does/used to do the matchy set wear.

(And sometimes, it's mix and match because I love the print but couldn't find matching pieces in my size.)

:flowers:

I have to defend this. I buy bikinis as sets, but I often choose to wear them as separate pieces and mix-and-match within my collection. I find wearing bikini sets boring and predictable, matchy tops and bottoms are meant for toddlers and/or suits. IMHO, the beach is fun, so I'm gonna have fun with what I wear to it.

Could be a generational thing - most of mine seem to do the mix and match thing and my mother's does/used to do the matchy set wear.

(And sometimes, it's mix and match because I love the print but couldn't find matching pieces in my size.)

:flowers:
Yeah I’m old, and I’m also a designer with an ocd for minimalism and matching things like I can’t stand mixed up patterns especially on the same garment.
My pet peeves :smile:
Oh and visible bra strap when you’re wearing an open back outfit, but that’s just bad taste.

Too much matching. Too much bright red. Too much denim. Large logos on clothing (ok if its on jewelry or a bag or shoes). Plaid that is not Burberry (I don't like plaid but I feel like Burberry does an exceptional job with it).

Bump!

I cannot stand Camo print. If you want to show off your military/hunting connection make it interesting and go to the supermarket in a ghillie suit.

Those 00s bags like byfar which are only long enough to hang your armpit are annoying to carry.

I do not like mixing metals at all. Wearing religious symbols when you aren’t religious is odd.

I hate slogan t-shirts that have meaningless or patronising messages. This whole ‘be kind’ imperative on t shirts especially grinds my gears (as if I was planning to be a complete ***** but your wonderful, nagging t-shirt has changed my mind!)
However… exception to the rule is tattoos or clothes in a script you can’t read which actually says none sense like ‘tool kit barbecue’ because that’s just funny.
Barbour wax jackets are great quality but they smell horrible when wet.

My OH hates baker boy hats and berets for some reason but I secretly like them. I do think only elderly men should wear flat caps.

Reactions: Cheddar Cheese
This may not be considered ‘fashion’ but why do doctors, nurses, orderlies and hospital cleaners nowadays all have to wear the identical scrubs, (sometimes rumpled and not too clean looking?) I’m not expecting nurses to wear starched caps and uniforms, or doctors to wear lab coats, but please, I want to know who I’m talking to.:lol:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Cold Shoulder Tops. There, I said it. Both awful *and* visually irritating.
A lot of cleavage. Yeah, even I'm gonna look.
Conformity (oh, please do wear a little black top and jeans to dinner like everyone else)
Leggings are fine but the top cannot be too short. I have taken polls in my own house to make sure my top is long enough.
Logomania.
A pet peeve but NOT a critique - when the bra is a bit too small and the shirt is too thin and you see that little roll of back fat. You actually add fat there during menopause so a lot of women may not be aware. It's both a peeve AND a fear of mine.
When the print on either side of a seam does not match.