BEST sunless tanner?

echoluster said:
I also use Lancome-the new shimmer "Flash Bronzer Glow n' Wear." It has a little bronzer in it so you can see where you apply it and dries super-fast. I love it. I'm really pale and I used it, I turned out very naturally. My mom used it and she had already tanned and it helped enhance hers and buff out her tan lines. I highly recommend it. Last year I used Clarins Tanning Gel which I also like. I have tried the Clarins tanning milk as well which is also nice.
I've also found that a little rubbing alcohol can fix little mistakes with self-tanner, like for example if your knee is a little too dark.
So, that was a long response, but I recommend Lancome (and Clarins).
I think this is the one for me, thanks!

Hey all, I have very senstive skin and I am looking for a good self tanner that is fragrance free, hypoallergenic and wont break me out. Nor rub off on my clothes or have that orangy look. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

I heard that Fake Bake tanning products are really good and give you a deep tan without orange color. I tried Neutrogena but it turns me orange, makes my skin oily and gives me break outs.

the best is the aveeno lotion that makes you darker over time. can't quite remember the name but it's easy to find in drug stores and it works as a good moisturizer. plus no breakouts.

I've got bottles of self tanner sitting in their pretty little boxes at home. Being a guy, a tan always increases that attractive factor with girls... And as an asian, I'm so fair, I can rival many japanese ads. Self tans that I swear by: Shiseido Brilliant Self Tan Gel during the summer, and Clarins Liquid Bronze for the winter. The clarins liquid bronze gives you a really nice glowy tan, while the shiseido self tan gel gives you a darker a la j.lo tan.

Jergens skin toning lotion is the best I have used. It gives you color in about a week if you use it every day. Its really inexpesive and it doesnt make my face break out. Although once I forgot to wash my hands. Thank God I don't work with the public.

I've got to ask-- what is the BEST sunless tanner? Is there a best? I've only tried kinds like Dove and Neutrogena... and I want to stay away from those types, because they all stink, are uncomfortable, and don't really work all that well.

Just something that works, doesn't smell like feet, and isn't sticky and uncomfortable.
If I had to choose one characteristic, I would say something that works well, but the others would be a definite plus.
But no Mystic Tan or sprays-- I am interested in lotions I can buy probably online which is fine.

Thanks!

I really like St. Tropez. I buy it at Ulta stores. It costs around $25.00. It does dry really fast so be sure to wear gloves but its great. For a cheaper sunless tanning lotion try Loreal Sublime. It works really well too! Hope this helps!!!

They're all kind of smelly b/c the ingredient that makes you tan- it's called dihydroxyacetone- is just kind of smelly in general.:Push: All cosmetics companies use this ingredient. Then they try to mask that smell with thier own blend of fragrances.....so it's kind of the lesser of the evils:s

I've heard some good things about the newer Jergens Natural Glow (I haven't tried it) and it's not pricey....

I saw in my sephora catalog I received yesterday, a new gadget that looks like a blowdryer. But it holds the tanner on the bottom of it and I guess evenly distributes the tanner liquid. I have never used a self tanner before but it looked like a good idea. And the price for it I think was around mid forties.

For your body or your face ?
For the body I use l´Oreal sublime bronze. The + : it´s a gel, very nice to apply, the smell is nice and it leaves your skin very smooth.
The cons : it´s a uncolored gel, so you don´t see excatly where you put it and I have had a few surprises of oranges patches around the ankles:Push:
For the face I used Estee Lauder....don´t like at all it´s orange, stinks.
I am now trying Biotherm and so far so good,+ it had vitamins.

I use Jergens Body Glow. It's a great product imo. I'm very pale, almost sickly looking without it. hahaha. After using the lotion my skin has this perfect bronze shade. My skin tone just a bit darker.