Best non-prescription acne cleanser/treatments?

My experience has been that for the occasional breakout, you can't beat "Bye Bye Blemish". It is the EXACT same thing as the Mario Badescu drying lotion, but much, much cheaper, and you can find it in the pharmacy or Target. It is awesome!

Ehhh Bye Bye Blemish isn't EXACTLY the same. The ingredients are similar, but the formula is different...

Bye Bye Blemish: Sulfur (10%), Isopropyl Alcohol, Water, Zinc Oxide, Camphor, Iron Oxide, Salicylic Acid, Aluminum Magnesium Silicate.

MB: Isopropyl Alcohol, Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid, Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc.

MB's formula is more gentle and more pure even though they both technically do the same thing. I'm willing to bet MB uses better quality ingredients too. I don't mean to be a snob, it's just that I'm a big MB fan-- their products are exceptionally high quality...

I'm a Proactiv user too, and just started using it again a couple of weeks ago. I was telling my SA at Smashbox that the only thing I hate about it is that the skin on my fingers peels when I use it (it doesn't dry my face out though). She said that it's the lotion step that makes my fingers dry. I immediately started applying the lotion with a QTip (I use it mostly for spot treatment), and haven't had peely fingers since!

This sounds really bad and it probably is, but it helped me.

I had really bad acne for years and used everything. I almost tried the Pill, too but fortunately found something less drastic.

I got the CLean and Clean Persagel 10. It is a spot treatment but I used it over my ENTIRE face for a few weeks. It burned my skin so bad (but didn't hurt...just REALLY dried) it was flakey all the time but after it pretty much burned the pimples off, I didn't get them as much anymore!! Now I just use a gel moisturizer or the Clean & Clear Acne moisturizer.

I actually do that too! The key is to put on a very very thin layer. I put it all over my face and it keeps my skin under control. I guess I must have some pretty tough skin though, because I haven't had any redness ever and I've been doing this on and off for years.

When you have actual pimples, just dab Clean & Clear Persagel on top of it and it'll shrink overnight. I love this stuff!