Best crossbody Chanel?

msluluwang

Feb 7, 2022
Hi! I’ve been trying to decide on which Chanel to purchase next. I know I want a crossbody and one I can use everyday.

I was looking at the pearl crush square minis because I like the adjustable straps (I’m 5’0”). I heard the lamb skin is a little more durable on that bag? Can anyone who has one shed some light on it?

Then I saw the sweetheart square mini in caviar…but wasn’t sure how I felt about the heart or the chain.

I have a few WOCs already but they don’t suit my lifestyle right now. I want something more roomy but not too big. I already have 2 flaps and an old medium boy.

Any recommendations? Or insight to the pearl crush?

Thanks!!

I have a lamb pearl crush mini and personally would’ve preferred the original mini square or a mini rectangular. The pearl crush lamb is
a bit more treated in my opinion so while it may feel more durable it doesn’t have the same feel as the classic mini square. It feels like a seasonal leather because it is. The pearl crush also has a tendency to collapse on itself and the ball adjuster is quite heavy compared to the WOC/SLG thin leather interwoven chain so it is a bit annoying at times. If you’re 5’0 the mini square should be perfect. The mini rectangular has a longer drop. The mini reissue can be doubled up and is my favorite. HTH!

• Insightful
Reactions: lolasparks
I have a lamb pearl crush mini and personally would’ve preferred the original mini square or a mini rectangular. The pearl crush lamb is a bit more treated in my opinion so while it may feel more durable it doesn’t have the same feel as the classic mini square. It feels like a seasonal leather because it is. The pearl crush also has a tendency to collapse on itself and the ball adjuster is quite heavy compared to the WOC/SLG thin leather interwoven chain so it is a bit annoying at times. If you’re 5’0 the mini square should be perfect. The mini rectangular has a longer drop. The mini reissue can be doubled up and is my favorite. HTH

Thank you for this! I didn’t know the ball would collapse on itself so that’s sounds a bit annoying..

Is the classic square mini sold in lamb skin only?

i second the mini reissue! perfect length for crossbody as a petite person and have the option to double up for a dressier look. the aged calfskin is very carefree but still luxurious. the size feels larger than the mini rectangular since the leather is more relaxed and not so structured.

also agree that the pearl crush/sweetheart leathers are really not up to par with the classics, and the chain is cumbersome and heavy. if going for seasonal adjustable bags, i prefer the 24C perfect fit flaps in calfskin (with the two chains that you can adjust on either side) (not my picture)
Screen Shot 2024-03-18 at 12.44.52 PM.png

I bought myself a classy Chanel wallet on the chain. It's really comfortable when I go shopping or out with friends since both my hands are free, and you can still see your bag, and it's hard to steal.
But I only have my phone, keys, and CC card there. My make-up doesn't fit there.

The mini reissue is my fave Chanel crossbody bag if you aren’t necessarily looking for something with the classic CC turn lock. It’s the perfect length crossbody (I’m 5’2), can be worn on the shoulder if needed, and pretty spacious for a mini bag. I have two and don’t rule out adding a third one :smile:

I have a mini caviar sweetheart and had a mini pearl crush. The pearl crush adjuster was a pain. It would get stuck during adjustment and I did not like the look of the dangling piece if you wanted it shorter. The sweetheart has been a delight to use and I like that it can convert entirely from a full shoulder double strap bag, to one shoulder longer carry, to crossbody. I find the quality of leather on that item on par with a variety of other classics. The classics can even vary from season to season so I just focus on - does this bag’s leather work for me. If yes, yay!

Space wise and weight wise, I like the Mini 2.55 as a crossbody. I have the Mini Pearl Crush bags in square and rectangular shapes as well. I am not careful with my bags and the leather on the mini 2.55 and Pearl Crush are great. They haven’t shown any wear for the past few years I have had them.

I have a lamb pearl crush mini and personally would’ve preferred the original mini square or a mini rectangular. The pearl crush lamb is
a bit more treated in my opinion so while it may feel more durable it doesn’t have the same feel as the classic mini square. It feels like a seasonal leather because it is. The pearl crush also has a tendency to collapse on itself and the ball adjuster is quite heavy compared to the WOC/SLG thin leather interwoven chain so it is a bit annoying at times. If you’re 5’0 the mini square should be perfect. The mini rectangular has a longer drop. The mini reissue can be doubled up and is my favorite. HTH!
Love lamb pearl

i second the mini reissue! perfect length for crossbody as a petite person and have the option to double up for a dressier look. the aged calfskin is very carefree but still luxurious. the size feels larger than the mini rectangular since the leather is more relaxed and not so structured.

also agree that the pearl crush/sweetheart leathers are really not up to par with the classics, and the chain is cumbersome and heavy. if going for seasonal adjustable bags, i prefer the 24C perfect fit flaps in calfskin (with the two chains that you can adjust on either side) (not my picture)
View attachment 5968434
This ❤️ I have the 21A Mini and love the double pearl design. It may be a mini but spacious

I have a mini caviar sweetheart and had a mini pearl crush. The pearl crush adjuster was a pain. It would get stuck during adjustment and I did not like the look of the dangling piece if you wanted it shorter. The sweetheart has been a delight to use and I like that it can convert entirely from a full shoulder double strap bag, to one shoulder longer carry, to crossbody. I find the quality of leather on that item on par with a variety of other classics. The classics can even vary from season to season so I just focus on - does this bag’s leather work for me. If yes, yay!
I was thinking about the sweetheart because the leather was more durable than the pearl crush! But is the chain
comfortable?