Best Chloe "everyday" bag - Marcie, Paraty, or Hayley? (or other?)

pbmuffin

Jul 22, 2015
Hey there, Chloe forum! I'm pretty new here and I'm considering purchasing my first Chloe. I'm not really a handbag *collector*, per se…I'm more the type to buy one high-quality bag from each major genre (larger every day bag, cross-body for going out and traveling, and evening clutch for events) and use them rather heavily until they're old and worn.

My most recently retired "every day" bag is a MBMJ Petal to the Metal Natasha which I loved due to the soft leather and the gold hardware. I used it almost every day for about 4 years! I think overall I'd prefer something larger, though.

So, the three bags I'm considering from Chloe are the Marcie Medium satchel, Paraty (medium/large, not small), or the new Hayley. From your personal experience, which one makes the best "every day" bag? I like to be able to fit a lot into a bag, but I also don't like for it to get overly bulky. It needs to be able to hold up to a decent amount of use - I wouldn't say I'm "rough" on my bags, but I don't want to be babying them either. The Hayley appeals to me because of the organization of the interior - I hate having a bag that just swallows everything and makes it impossible to find what you're looking for.

Would love to hear from anyone who has experience with these bags - share your opinions! Thanks in advance! :smile:

I also used to have a Marc Jacobs PTTM Natasha and loved her! After a few years she started to look worn down and I sold her and ended up replacing her with a Chloe Marcie Medium Crossbody (not the satchel). I have to tell you, the Chloe bag is amazing beyond words. The size is perfect for everyday use, and the crossbody makes it comfortable and effortless. I have used and abused her for the past year and she still looks absolutely brand new. Without doubt it was a great investment and worth every penny. Just my two-cents...

Medium Marcie is one of my favorite bag styles. I like that it can be carried by hand, bend of arm, or on the shoulder with the long strap. It's a perfect size for my usual daily items. And the leather is TDF!

I have both medium Marcie Satchel & 2 Paraties & I just rotate all three bags. The leather is just perfect - durable, soft. I bought my first Paraty in 2011 & Marcie in 2012. I use my Marcie the most & the leather looks as good as the day I got it, except soft & broken in. There are no stains or scratches - the bag looks just gorgeous! I love the long strap & it does fit quite a lot. Just be aware the zipper detaches from the track when you open it all the way - a lot of people think it is broken but that is just so you can fit something larger into the bag opening.

I also think Marcie will always be a classic - it has a cool equestrian look. As for the paraty, very classy & so unique. The only issue with paraty is the noisy hardware, but I don't even hear it anymore. I love carrying those bags as well. Chloe is my favorite brand & I am picky & still reach for them the most.

Reactions: Shelby33
I have the Marcie medium satchel too. I think it is beautiful and classic. The only downside to it is that it is a little bit heavy in my opinion. I have it in blue and wanted to get another in tan, until I saw the Hayley. Now I want the Hayley, but I am waiting for NM, Nordstrom or Saks to have other colors in stock. Right now on line they only have the gray and blue. The three bags are beautiful and whatever you choose you will not be dissapointed. They are high quality and gorgeous.

I love my medium Marcie and definitely recommend it as an everyday bag! My only complaint is that the extra strap is not adjustable and is a bit too long for me wear comfortably. But I'm only 5'1, so that might not be an issue for you.

I love my medium Marcie and definitely recommend it as an everyday bag! My only complaint is that the extra strap is not adjustable and is a bit too long for me wear comfortably. But I'm only 5'1, so that might not be an issue for you.

I'm 5'4", size 16/18. The long strap is perfect for me on the shoulder, and way too short for crossbody.

I also used to have a Marc Jacobs PTTM Natasha and loved her! After a few years she started to look worn down and I sold her and ended up replacing her with a Chloe Marcie Medium Crossbody (not the satchel). I have to tell you, the Chloe bag is amazing beyond words. The size is perfect for everyday use, and the crossbody makes it comfortable and effortless. I have used and abused her for the past year and she still looks absolutely brand new. Without doubt it was a great investment and worth every penny. Just my two-cents...
I am so happy to view this post. I usually purchase LV bags an this was my first time I purchased a Chloe, yes, the same one as you. I LOVE the thicker strap on the cross body and the color I chose was gray, I call it the Shark :smile: Thanks for your post.