Belen Echandia Jan 08 Sale: What are you buying?

I agree Chris, I actually forgot to add that, I feel like it weights the bag down. You have a good idea about having a slit cut in the top ring, hummm I wonder how that could be done. If you ever come up with anything let me know. I would love to take them off.

I spoke to one cobbler who didn't have a metal cutter and said that it the ring cut it would uneven (not smooth and polished like the slit in the second smaller ring). I'm not sure if that would matter since it could be hidden under the leather tab. He said that another option would be to remove the two leather taps that the rings attach to (I guess remove the stitching).

Can anyone tell me if the hardware on the petrol love me is silver or is it gold? Also (sorry to be a pain:smile: how does the petrol leather break in/soften up? I love this bag and am considering ordering it. I saw Citychris' pic with hers and it was tdf.

I spoke to one cobbler who didn't have a metal cutter and said that it the ring cut it would uneven (not smooth and polished like the slit in the second smaller ring). I'm not sure if that would matter since it could be hidden under the leather tab. He said that another option would be to remove the two leather taps that the rings attach to (I guess remove the stitching).

Yeah you could hide it the leather tab if you did slit it. I would be more willing to do that than to remove the stitching. I wouldn't want to mess with that. Or I might just remove it all together. I've never used the strap so I don't think I would miss it.

Tejas, I totally know your agony. I'm already on #2 for the year and it's only January! But I might be on the boat with you for the dark grey LMM...your LM looks so great and a smaller one...OK I'm enabling now...oooops :nogood::shame: