Balenciaga Pricing Help!

tayalese

Aug 22, 2015
I am venturing into the Balenciaga City bag realm and would like to purchase a pre owned one for my first one. I am noticing huge price variances some EUC(Excellent Used Condition) ones as low as $400 while others are up in the $1400s. Is this normal for the brand? Does age really matter on these bags?(I am noticing some 5-10 year old bags look just as good as the newer ones) What is a fair price on a used one in good condition? Any insight would be helpful and appreciated- Thanks!:smile:

You won't find any authentic Bals in excellent used condition for 400. Not even in good condition for 400. Unless of course you're talking about the hip or a m/u case. $400 will not get you an authentic Bal bag.

Many people actually prefer the earlier years, when the leather was Chevre. So provided those bags are in decent condition, they can cost even more than "newer" pre-loved bags.

A fair price is determined by many things. The year, color, hardware, and type of leather all have to be considered.
So two bags in good condition can be hundreds of dollars apart.

Sorry, I can't be more specific on pricing.. but it really does vary.

Suggest you figure out who trusted resellers are and then check the Sold listings on EBay to see the real market pricing. Also try to understand your own priorities in terms of condition. Do you need pristine, excellent, good, fair, a wreck? Can you tolerate a musty/mothball/smoky bag, or as new and without scent issue? Price often reflects condition as well as desirability of certain years of the leather. Yes there are deals out there, but also be realistic that the City is the flagship Bal bag that was expensive new.

I am venturing into the Balenciaga City bag realm and would like to purchase a pre owned one for my first one. I am noticing huge price variances some EUC(Excellent Used Condition) ones as low as $400 while others are up in the $1400s. Is this normal for the brand? Does age really matter on these bags?(I am noticing some 5-10 year old bags look just as good as the newer ones) What is a fair price on a used one in good condition? Any insight would be helpful and appreciated- Thanks!:smile:

Check out Real Deal Collections, a trusted website for authentic Bals, and read some of the descriptions re: condition, age, etc.

"Good" condition Bals are around $700-$800+ in the used market. Very Good to Excellent have been between $900-$1500 depending on the year and hardware. This is from personal experience...

I just listed and sold an "excellent pre loved condition" black classic city, so I've been watching the market for that bag. In acceptable condition (ranging from excellent pre-loved to like new) they range anywhere from $385 staring auction price on eBay to $800 BIN to $1300+. It's incredibly subjective. There are so many variables, but on the resale market one of the biggest variables is the person listing the bag. I've seen really crummy bags asking $1000+ and I've seen really nice, nearly mint ones that list in the $800s. Once in a great while I've seen authentic, decent bags sell in the $400 range, but those are pretty rare. You just need to watch the market, know your budget and most of all, have it authenticated if it seems too good to be true. :smile:

I just listed and sold an "excellent pre loved condition" black classic city, so I've been watching the market for that bag. In acceptable condition (ranging from excellent pre-loved to like new) they range anywhere from $385 staring auction price on eBay to $800 BIN to $1300+. It's incredibly subjective. There are so many variables, but on the resale market one of the biggest variables is the person listing the bag. I've seen really crummy bags asking $1000+ and I've seen really nice, nearly mint ones that list in the $800s. Once in a great while I've seen authentic, decent bags sell in the $400 range, but those are pretty rare. You just need to watch the market, know your budget and most of all, have it authenticated if it seems too good to be true. :smile:

I've been watching the market for like 2 weeks! I am loving this one... the starting bid is low (still low with less than 24hrs) and there is no reserve price so I will def be visiting an authenticator if I do get it ;) but then again it's eBay, not over until the fat lady sings and could jump to 1,000+!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 266
I've been watching the market for like 2 weeks! I am loving this one... the starting bid is low (still low with less than 24hrs) and there is no reserve price so I will def be visiting an authenticator if I do get it ;) but then again it's eBay, not over until the fat lady sings and could jump to 1,000+!

This is a fake bag! :yucky:

What Sssy said! Always visit authentication thread before buying if you can! This one has been circulated through there once or twice already. Steer clear!

What Sssy said! Always visit authentication thread before buying if you can! This one has been circulated through there once or twice already. Steer clear!

Wow! Thanks I'm shocked! I always take my bags to Bella bag here in Atlanta. They give you the paperwork for PayPal if it's fake. I've had to do that with a bag online authenticators said was real! Unwatching it now!

Have you ever seen an excellent, or even good used city sell for 385? I know you said starting, but I'm wondering if it ever sold for that?
I don't think I've ever seen a city sell for that low unless it was in really bad shape. Like the kind that would require a ton of work.

Granted, I haven't been watching that closely either. Not lately anyway.