Balenciaga City VS Miu Miu Bow

Balenciaga City VS Miu Miu Bow Satchel

• Balenciaga City (Black)

• Miu Miu Bow Satchel (Black)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here's another vote for the miu miu! While I love balbags, I've never wanted a black city that is favored here. Every time I see the miu miu in nyc, I always look twice! I love the combination of the gold hardware with black and actually if I were to get a black bal, I would get black with gold hardware!

I need more votes! Thanks everybody!
-Is Balenciaga not so good for everyday wear?

Balenciaga is OK for everyday wear, but does not wear that well over the long term, if that makes any sense. The leather is soft but very thin, because it's goatskin. It does OK in the rain, and is only slightly susceptible to scratches, but the piping on the corners is subject to splitting, and the leather around the corner-buckles scuffs pretty easily. Despite the original style being called the Motorcycle Bag, you couldn't really wear it on a motorcycle.

The black City has an awesome, unique rocker-chic vibe that the bow satchel doesn't. However, the first day I carried mine, a girl said "Oh I love your bag, I have one just like it!" When I asked where she got it, she said, "A street corner booth in NYC." I'm not sure if this is a factor for you, but the City has been copied and knocked-off a whole lot...which the bow satchel hasn't.

So after debating, I bought the Miu Miu Bow Satchel(Black)...but now I'm having second thoughts. Which would be a better choice? Miu miu or Balenciaga City (black)?
Is Miu Miu too casual?
I want something I can wear often too.
I just don't want to regret my decision, I like them both and they are similar in size too!

ONE more thing: I'm probably going to wear it often/everyday wear bag type :smile:

It's a tough call on this one. I like both! But at the moment since I've already owned a B City in lilac, think I'll go for the Miu Miu bow satchel as I've been lemming for one.

i love both styles, but i had to vote for the city. the leather might appear to be thin, but it is durable. i don't baby my bags at all, and my city does not have any scratches nor does it show any unseemly signs of wear. in fact, it has aged gracefully considering i purchased it two years ago, have used it more than any of my other bags, and i've even worn it in torrential downpours. a big factor for me is weight. while i don't mind heavy bags (hello! my favorite bags are mj and heavier than anything), the city is so lightweight and comfortable to use. the miu miu can be awkward to carry for long periods of time because the handles are so short. the shoulder strap is not comfortable for me either.

yes, there are a lot of bbag knockoffs, but almost anyone can tell a fake from an authentic one from miles away. the fake looks like plastic and the tassels don't 'swing' like the real ones do if you know what i'm talking about. believe or not, there are fakes of the miu miu bow bags now. i saw a few on canal street a couple of weeks ago. counterfeiters will make replicas of any popular bag.

the bbag is iconic whereas the bow bag isn't. the miu miu is cute and feminine, but the bbag is more sophisticated and stylish imo. that's my two cents. hope you're able to come to a decision soon!

Love both! Just ordered a black miumiu bow satchel today. And will go for a city later. Guess not in black. I love the red one. I do not know where I can get it. I am asware that it is not that classic but it once caught my eyes in nordstorm and has stayed in my mind since.

I had the SAME, EXACT problem on deciding what to purchase. But I fell for the Miu Miu bow because I enjoyed the feel of the leather more. And I love how cute the bows are, perfect for me because I'm only 17 years old.

But I think BOTH bags are gorgeous!!!!

My next bag to purchase is a Balenciaga City. Yummy!

Absolutely no competition at all - Balenciaga City!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

I read earlier in the thread that Balenciaga leather is not durable :nogood: I can assure you that it is and it just gets better with age as most B-bag fans will confirm. And the City is one of the most iconic bags ever, yet so practical and easy to wear :love:

Miu Miu is more elegant imo, even the Queen of Jordan has one, lol. I love bbag cities too, it really depends on what your looking for. The city is more rocker chic, laid back, and durable, whereas the miu miu is more elegant and probably has to be babied a bit more. Personally, I like the miu miu in black better over the city because the black city never really catches my eye it just blends into an outfit whenever I see it, whereas the bow satchel always catches my attention. However, if the city was in a different color, I might have to re-consider