babybugboutique sassy black white polka dot messenger tote.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Babybugboutique emhroidered corduroy stirpe messenger bag tote.jpg
    Babybugboutique emhroidered corduroy stirpe messenger bag tote.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 34
  • quiltbaby corduroy leaf print messenger bag.jpg
    quiltbaby corduroy leaf print messenger bag.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 33
I say go with the PUMA or honestly check Marshalls and TJ MAxx they always have very cute messanger tote bags for under $50 and there usually Kenneth Cole! I got 1 kenneth cole reaction one from there last year for $29.99 and then i got a leather one for $45 so check it out!

i love the PUMA bags... they are usually very cute and stylish for school... and very durable...

but if you want something more girly, you can consider the coach signature hamptons bags and signature stripe reversible totes.. those are both roomy and very cute! :smile:

Puma totes are awesome..got one off of zappos a few years ago... it's a great bag.

Also, what about a herve chapelier.. I know I used that thing like crazy when i went tocollege.

Luna said:
Puma totes are awesome..got one off of zappos a few years ago... it's a great bag.

Also, what about a herve chapelier.. I know I used that thing like crazy when i went tocollege.

I agree...a Chapelier or Longchamp large tote are both really durable if you want something more "purse-like". My brother is really into Timbuk2 messenger bags - you can customize your colors - Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2.

hysteric said:
Check out these bags from Urban Outfitters:

Andy Warhol Loop Design Tote $38

Hope you find the perfect bag soon!

HYSTERIC

i use one of those totes from Andy Warhol :yes: i have the light pink one with the icecream cone on it. it's really durable and it's pretty comfortable on the arm. it's a great bag!! i use it and i'm in high school too ;)

Longchamp or herve are great totes that a lot of people used in college. Also manhattan portage makes really trendy looking messengers that I also use in college and they hold up excellent!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I have never been a bag person, but as I'm getting older (senior at college) and building my wordrobe into two different styles, I realized I need a bag that fits both. I

- wear stuff from Jcrew/RL (a sweater over an oxford shirt) and Anthropologie (long tunics).
- always had canvas bags, but want to try out a leather bag that goes with the tunics/blouses as well
- am a college student, but being a film/animation major, there's no need to carry many books but the bag should fit a bunch of A4 paper and a notebook and some other stuff
- do now want to look fashion forward (I'm shy..), so the bag should be simple
- Budget: around $300

I've been looking at the Michael Kors Astor large satchel, but is it big enough for school?

I kinda like this men's bag from Jcrew (the picture) just because it's big and looks like it will fit my 17 inch laptop too. What do you guys think? I know it wouldn't look good with the tunics I wear recently tho, but it should look pretty good with the so-called "preppy" stuff, although not very feminine.

Sorry it got this long. :sad: Any thoughts and suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• 78840_BR0893.jpg
    78840_BR0893.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 49
^^ Have you seen this bag in person? I saw it on Zappos and thought it was cute, but didn't order it becaue it looked like one that might be too busy in person.

OMG that's the bag I've been looking for!
The bag is really cute. And I like the size. The price is lovely as well. :biggrin: Most of all, like other people said in the customer review, I love how it's not overdone.

Thank you sooooo much!!!