Back from my NYC Balenciaga buying trip!!!

1. I am a Bbag newbie and have posted some questions before I took the punge so I figured I would give everyone an update.

I went into the city today to buy my first bbag. It wasn't too far of a trip for me since I live in CT, so a mere hr on the train. I brought my bf along for company and since he was getting it for me (early bday present). First we headed to Barneys where they only had the black and a brown city with the regular hardware. Even though I thought I would be getting the black city, I decided to hold out and head to BalNY to check out the other colors to see if anything appealed to me more. We got into the cab and I gave the address of BAlNY to the cab driver. The drive ride there seemed to take forever and when we arrived there I could not believe this was it. My bf was like where did you take me and then he insisted this cannot be real. Afetr I reassured him that in fact this is the real thing we headed in. After looking at the color swatches I decided to see Ocean, Tomato, Black and Steel. Long story short I settled on the STEEL CITY:yahoo:. It is getting shipped to my house and should be here in 4-5 days. Just wanted to share my story of my 1st bbag buying experience and thank everyone that has previously answered my questions. I will be sure to post pictures when I get her!!!!
  2. How happy for you! Looking forward to some pictures! :yes:
  3. Congrats on your steel city, can't wait to see pics once she arrives! I love your story and enjoy your 1st Bbag!
  4. Well done! We all love Steel pics!
  5. Happy early birthday and congrats on your new Bbag! Please post pictures once she arrives!
  6. Enjoyed reading your story and congrats! Good thing you waited to see what BalNY had... :yes: post pics once you get her! Happy birthday!
  7. Definitely a good choice!!! I am excited for you!

You are soo right, I called Barney's NY and they only have black and brown colors.

PS: Advance happy birthday!
  8. haha.... my friend went with me the 1st time today and she was like is this the place (looking at me like where did i bring her to). BalNY definitely does not look like your normal boutique. congrats on you new bag!! cant wait to see pics!!
  9. congrats girl! modelling pics please!
  10. Congrats! Can't wait to see photos ... I have a Steel First and absolutely love it!
  11. Happy Birthday, and what a sweet boyfriend you have! What an excellent choice for your first b-bag. I think steel is a gorgeous, rich color! Please post photos for all of us to see.
  12. can't wait to see your new steel day! and you do have a very sweet bf!
  13. Congrats on your bbag. Please post pics for us one it arrives!
  14. Congratulations! I love my steel city, I'm sure you'll love your's too! Great choice!
  15. Great choice! Don't forget to post pics! congrats!