Baby Cabas problem, what should I do?

I am uber picky about details and could not live with a loose stitch. I also would not want to repair a brand new bag. I would try to get a discount off the purchase price, use it for the summer, then have it repaired. Tell your s/a you are willing to "just enjoy the bag" for a 10% discount off the purchase price. Why should we have to live with poor quality control just because Chanel will repair the bag for free? Free repairs are not luxuries, they are necessities.

Well, I am ballsy enough to ask, LOL! It worked for a Chloe Paddington bag I once bought with a scratch on the lock (at NM). Some s/a's assume that just because it's Chanel you should be grateful to own the bag, but others are really nice and will check with their manager about honoring a discount.

I will post pics of it later...my husband has my camera. The stitching is actually loose in two areas....to be honest, I don't think I can enjoy wearing it knowing my bag isn't perfect. I am anal that way. It is one thing if I did the damage but knowing it came that way I don't know if I can live with it.

I would get the bag fixed ASAP. The SA might be nice but the longer you wait they can blame the problem on you saying it was you who did it. If the bag have problems now you should try to get it fixed now so if they can't do a good job you can return it to them and get another bag. Cabas bags are nice but no bag is worth keeping if it is made badly. Good luck.

It seems to me to be a common problem with the baby cabas. My girlfriend bought the black and began wearing it every day. She called me very upset because she told me that after wearing it for a week, stitches were popping in 2 places.

I have the teal one and wore mine twice, being very careful because of her experience (I don't wear mine every day). And when I'm done, I put it back in the dust bag in its box. After the third time out, I noticed that right in the middle of the front, I had a loose stitch! Talk about being upset... I have been wearing it like that because I know I can't replace the teal and will have it repaired when I am tired of wearing it. It seems that something is up with the stitching on the baby cabas.