Availability of Bordeaux Caviar bags...

I'd say only black or get black and bordeaux or brown but not both. They look too similar to justify them all unless the money is not an issue. Bordeaux is not common so it is tempting to keep as a collectible if you are into collecting Chanel but otherwise I wouldn't get both.

I saw the brown GST at the boutique and it was so close in color to the black that I wasn't as interested. But the bordeaux...it's so pretty and it's such a unique color. If you do end up returning it, would you mind letting me know where you return it to so that I can buy it? :smile:

Well my bordeaux GST just arrived and it looks too much like my brown GST for me to justify keeping. I asked my beau what color it was and he said brown also. I may get black though instead.

I'm soooo sorry it didn't work out. As I told you earlier, I don't think of it as brown, but I have never seen a brown Chanel in person. I hope you can still use the Bloomingdales perks towards a different bag.
I'm a little color-challenged, however. If you show me something in black, navy, and a really dark brown, I couldn't tell you what color it is. This gets bad when I'm wearing black and put on a navy accessory. Ultimate fashion faux pas!
--Judy

Here is my black caviar jumbo flap, the bordeaux GST and a brown lambskin GST of mine....I believe a brown caviar GST would be a slightly darker brown than the lambskin. I think I am biased toward my brown one also because I have brown lambskin Chanel boots that match that brown. If someone didn't own a brown Chanel GST I definitely would go for the bordeaux vs. the brown because it is more special.

I took one pic with flash and one without. The one without is closer to what this colors truly look like in normal lighting.

Attachments

• DSC00682.jpg
    DSC00682.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00684.jpg
    DSC00684.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 81
Wow, I didn't even know that the GSTs were available in lambskin...the brown gst that you have in lambskin looks *so* nice...I'd take the brown lambskin one anyday over the bordeaux too!

Returned my bordeaux GST tonight to Neiman Marcus Tysons Corner, VA ask for Marilyn if interested; exchanged it for black with gold HW...I love it! This will be my only gold HW Chanel now. Everyone thought I was nuts for returning the bordeaux.

Returned my bordeaux GST tonight to Neiman Marcus Tysons Corner, VA ask for Marilyn if interested; exchanged it for black with gold HW...I love it! This will be my only gold HW Chanel now. Everyone thought I was nuts for returning the bordeaux.
Marilyn is really nice. She sold DH my beige Medallion tote!
I'm glad you got something you really love. So, now, maybe I have the only Bordeaux GST in the Baltimore Washington area!!
--Judy

I haven't seen one lately (only seen one on ebay), but I was almost 9 months late on one particular bag (not a gst) and SA Nel (male) @ Bloomies/NY founded it for me so there's hope:smile:. His # is 212-705-2000 (perhaps he'll be able to track 1 down for you).