Authenticating bolides

delilahsays

Aug 26, 2011
Hi everyone. I know the Hermes authentication on purseforum is closed now. While I feel many authenticators authenticate birkins and Kelly bags, are they good at authenticating mini bolides? I see a mini bolide I want to buy from a Japanese reseller and the metal stamp on one of the strap clasps seems a bit off compared to my personal mini bolide at home. The other clasp logo attached to the other end of the strap looks fine in my opinion in the pictures.

Also if i simply do a google search for mini bolide dupes, they look so similar to the real thing. I can’t distinguish the dupe bolide from even my own authentic bolide! It’s insane. Anyways, the eBay one is in the exact color combination I want so I’m considering taking the risk. They at least have free returns. What do you think? Are there recommendations for authenticators for bolides?

Thank you! The dupes look so exact now. I can’t believe it. I wonder if take photos of the real thing and ship out the counterfeit products. I guess it’s always a risk.

Personally, I would never purchase from a seller that I don't know/isn't reputable. Not saying that exceptions don't exist but I choose not to take that risk.

Buy the seller.
I would have never either from eBay, but it is in the exact color combo I want. The seller has good reviews and stand alone shops in Tokyo and Osaka Japan. But I still need to do my homework! Thanks for the input.

I would have never either from eBay, but it is in the exact color combo I want. The seller has good reviews and stand alone shops in Tokyo and Osaka Japan. But I still need to do my homework! Thanks for the input.
Completely understand. I know there are a number of trusted sellers in Japan. All the best with your research and do report back if you do end up getting your bag. :flowers:

Reactions: delilahsays