Authenticate This PRADA

Addy

The Odd Mod
Authenticator
O.G.
Apr 19, 2006
NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow these rules:

1. Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. Searches can be done via the seller name or by auction/listing number - add * to the beginning and end of the number (eg. *12345678*).

2. Help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item Name:
Listing number:
Seller ID:
Link:
Comments:

Authenticators are not required to answer every request, and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format or for any reason they choose.

3. All requests must have clear photos (either in listing and/or provided by member requesting the authentication). This will help expedite authentications. Please ask the seller/use the macro setting on your digi (little flower). If you cannot see the details yourself, neither can we. Please provide photos taken with an actual camera. Cell phone pictures rarely provide good details.

Pics needed:

- Front view of bag
- Zipper & its end
- Hardware
- Base of the handles
- Both sides of all cards
- Large clear interior photos especially of the linings - one with flash and one without
- Closeups of any luggage labels - both sides
- Closeups of main logos
- Closeups of interior labels/logos

4. Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests must be posted in this thread.

5. Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

6. Do NOT handle your disputes with other members in this thread. Take your differences to Private Message or just use the REPORT function to alert the Mods, and let them handle it from there. In the meantime, just ignore the poster until a Mod can intervene. Failure to do so can result in banning. Always be respectful when you post and treat others as you expect to be treated. This is an open thread and everyone is welcome to participate.

Disclaimer
All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the http://forum.purseblog.com/sendmessage.php.

Last edited by a moderator:
Item name: Prada Vela Zip-Top Messenger Crossbody Bag, Black (Nero) - Excellent Condition
Listing number: 141605079627
Seller ID: gaser_00
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141605079627?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any help in authenticating this item is greatly appreciated. TIA!

The pictures aren't the greatest, but there's only a few hours left so I doubt you can get any better ones on short notice. That said, I think this might be authentic. I have the same messenger bag in cerises (red) and it seems to match. If you go for it, make sure you use a credit card and get it professionally authenticated. This seller doesn't take returns, so you're taking a risk.

Reactions: Ninay07 and Saiya_M
The pictures aren't the greatest, but there's only a few hours left so I doubt you can get any better ones on short notice. That said, I think this might be authentic. I have the same messenger bag in cerises (red) and it seems to match. If you go for it, make sure you use a credit card and get it professionally authenticated. This seller doesn't take returns, so you're taking a risk.

Thank you so much. I will take the chance of waiting for it to be relisted so I can get better pictures. Best to be safe than sorry. Thanks again!

Reactions: Ninay07 and Saiya_M
Reactions: Ninay07
Hi, would appreciate your thoughts on this bag

Item name: PRADA Ladies Black Leather Double Strap Shoulder Style Rectangle Medium Handbag
Item number: 361249131106
SellerID: stuffusell (136115)
Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361249131106?_trksid=p2059210.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:I

Many thanks
t.

I'd like to see more of the lining, preferably close up. Ask the seller to pull the lining inside out. Doesn't hurt the bag. Pics of the cards, if available, also.

PS: I'm thinking this one is OK, but won't commit until I see more of the lining. These have been faked a LOT.