Authenticate This DOONEY & BOURKE

Please post authenticity questions related to DOONEY & BOURKE in this thread.

Note: The PurseForum requests that only members with extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Please follow the following rules:

Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated. This is not a thread to ask general questions about DOONEY & BOURKE; please refer to our Handbags & Purses forum for such information.

This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:

Item:
Listing number:
Seller:
Link:
Comments:
If the bag in question is not on an auction site, please use the following:

Item Name (if you know it):
Link (if available):
Then attach any photos (all authentication must include photos.)

• Authenticators are not required to answer every request and it is their right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format.
  • Please note that comments on price and condition are NOT permitted.
  • Do NOT PM an authenticator or moderator to request authentication. Any and all such requests should be posted in this thread.

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and should not be treated as such.

For questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact the forum administration via the forum's contact form.

Can someone take a look at these listings?
Thanks and a late happy turkey day!

Seller:luciaf2315
Listing#:332044272253
Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/332044272253

Seller:bfreyer102
Listing# 302143155791
Link:http://www.ebay.com/itm/302143155791

(have a couple extra pics from the first listing below) - very curious about the strap
View attachment 3532633 View attachment 3532634

Both are authentic. The trigger snap strap on the Zip Top looks fine to me (what little is shown of it!)

There appears to be a different bag's strap attachment in the third picture in the listing, showing in the lower right corner of the image, with brass posts instead of a trigger snap.

Hi! Can I get an authentication please?

Seller: bgneal
Item: Vintage Dooney
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222328234867
And is this color peanut?
Thanks!
In my opinion it is fake. The leather duck emblem has errors; the closure should be an actual working buckle, not a magnetic snap; the proportions of the buckle tab are wrong, the strap attachments are wrong; the back side is missing a piece of smooth leather trim across the bottom, and the interior pocket is wrong. An authentic Dooney & Bourke Surrey (which this is trying to copy) would have a sewn in red white and blue cloth tag inside. I don't see one, but even so, there are enough other red flags.

In my opinion it is fake. The leather duck emblem has errors; the closure should be an actual working buckle, not a magnetic snap; the proportions of the buckle tab are wrong, the strap attachments are wrong; the back side is missing a piece of smooth leather trim across the bottom, and the interior pocket is wrong. An authentic Dooney & Bourke Surrey (which this is trying to copy) would have a sewn in red white and blue cloth tag inside. I don't see one, but even so, there are enough other red flags.

Wow, thanks @Catbird9. I'm so glad I asked. Thanks for your time and expertise!! [emoji173]️

Hi! Can I get an authentication please?

Seller: bgneal
Item: Vintage Dooney
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222328234867
And is this color peanut?
Thanks!

UPDATE: I asked the seller if there was a red white and blue tag inside. She said there wasn't one. I am going to revise my opinion on this bag. I can't confirm that it is authentic based on the pictures in the listing, but I am not 100% sure it is fake. If it is not authentic, it is a very close fake. Please don't report the listing.

UPDATE: I asked the seller if there was a red white and blue tag inside. She said there wasn't one. I am going to revise my opinion on this bag. I can't confirm that it is authentic based on the pictures in the listing, but I am not 100% sure it is fake. If it is not authentic, it is a very close fake. Please don't report the listing.

Ok, I didn't report it. I'm usually able to spot a fake a mile away but honestly, this one had me really stumped, which is why I was asking about it. I bet if we could feel it, we would know right away. Sometimes it's really hard to tell from photos. Thanks!

Reactions: Catbird9
Hello ladies. I just received this planner and I'm not sure about authenticity. It doesn't feel like the usual AWL leather. The Dooney stamp doesn't look right either. Please let me know your thoughts. View attachment 3533933View attachment 3533934View attachment 3533935View attachment 3533936View attachment 3533937View attachment 3533938View attachment 3533939View attachment 3533940

I see this one on eBay and everything looks the same. I know this seller knows her doonies so it makes me feel better but would still like your opinion ladies! Is this vintage or a newer line? https://www.ebay.com/itm/401171469424