Authenticate This DIOR

Should one of your items be questioned in this thread, you are welcome to provide additional pictures or materials supporting its authenticity.

Do not handle your disputes with other members in this thread but take your differences to Private Messages. Failure to do so can result in banning.

Please utilize the "Quote" feature when responding directly to another post.

NOTE: The PurseForum requests that only members with an extensive knowledge of the brand and authenticating who have over 500 posts participate as authenticators in this AT thread. The moderators reserve the right to remove authentications that do not meet these requirements.

Dear fellow Dior enthusiasts,

It is always our pleasure to help with your authentication requests; however, there have been various cases where such requests are not accompanied by basic requisite information. To that end, nataliam1976, LaMissy and I have agreed on the following guidelines and tips to streamline the authentication process.

Authentication guidelines/tips

1. All eBay authentication requests should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Item number:
Seller ID:
Direct URL link:

This format is adopted from the Hermès authentication thread. It is the most efficient way of making a request because:

(a) the item name immediately alerts the one of us with the most expertise to attend to that particular type of item,
(b) the inclusion of the item number facilitates a search of the thread for previous instances where it may already have been authenticated, and
(c) the seller ID is useful where we know of reputable resellers on eBay that sell only authentic items.

All authentication requests for other online resellers should be posted in this format:

Item name:
Online reseller name:
Direct URL link:

All authentication requests must be formatted in one of the above ways otherwise they may not be entertained.

2. Authentication can only happen when there are plenty of clear, closeup photos of the item, the more the better.

In particular, items cannot be authenticated without clear, closeup photos of both sides of the inside leather tag for bags or, in the case of wallets and other small leather goods, the 'Christian Dior Paris' stamp on the inside as well as the production sequence stamp found behind one of the bill compartments or card slots.

In addition, photos of any relevant hardware should also be provided, the more the better. In the case of Gauchos, clear closeups of both sides of the coin medallion lying flat (not at an angle), the key and the buckles are needed. For Saddles, a straight-on frontal shot of the entire bag (not at an angle), clear closeups of both sides of the 'CD' links on the strap, and the dangling 'D' charm on the flap.

Sunglasses cannot be authenticated without clear closeups of the insides of both of the arms.

All photos should be taken in plenty of natural lighting (sunlight) without flash. Clear closeups may be obtained by using the macro mode (the icon of a flower) on a digital camera. Photos should not be resized below 800x600 resolution.

Authentication requests which comply with the formatting requirement in part 1 but which otherwise fail to include these photo requirements may not be entertained.

3. In most cases, unless there are dead giveaways and obvious red flags, jewellery cannot be authenticated, even with plenty of photos. This is to do with the nature of Dior jewellery. Please therefore understand that we may not be able to help you with a jewellery authentication request.

4. Patience is a virtue. Do not re-post your request repeatedly just because another person's request has been attended to before yours. This may be because at the time there was no one with the requisite expertise to authenticate your item; this does not mean you are being ignored.

5. Courtesy is also a virtue. Please and thank-you are basic manners and good forum etiquette.

Disclaimer

All Authenticate This threads on tPF are meant to provide assistance to shoppers who are uncertain about the legitimacy and authenticity of designer goods. The evaluations posted by tPF's members are only opinions that stem from personal experiences as shoppers and collectors. They are not legally binding or professional authentications and are not to be treated as such.

Last edited:
Manners and gratitude seem to be a rarity these days…
Just a reminder to some of the posters on this thread that averagejoe is taking time out of his day to help us all out. Thank you, averagejoe for all of the assistance and insight you provide!

• Love
Reactions: averagejoe
Manners and gratitude seem to be a rarity these days…
Just a reminder to some of the posters on this thread that averagejoe is taking time out of his day to help us all out. Thank you, averagejoe for all of the assistance and insight you provide!
Aww thanks! Yes, I do agree that manners are sometimes rare nowadays :sad:

Missing close ups of all logo engravings and embossings, as well as of the date code.
Here are more pics by the seller
The code pic he will send clear pic of date code. He said Code is
“10-MA-1221".
Please do tell if i need to ask them any more questions.
Komehyo japan seller
I have purchased but they haven’t shipped till i get all pics i asked. Please tell if i should proceed as they have many stores in japan but i would like to get this looked at with your expert eye.

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpeg
    IMG_5453.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5461.jpeg
    IMG_5461.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5460.jpeg
    IMG_5460.jpeg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5459.jpeg
    IMG_5459.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5458.jpeg
    IMG_5458.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5457.jpeg
    IMG_5457.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5456.jpeg
    IMG_5456.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_5455.jpeg
    IMG_5455.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5454.jpeg
    IMG_5454.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
“10-MA-1221".
Komehyo japan seller
I have purchased but they haven’t shipped till i get all pics i asked. Please tell if i should proceed as they have many stores in japan but i would like to get this looked at with your expert eye.

Attachments

• IMG_5476.jpeg
    IMG_5476.jpeg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5477.jpeg
    IMG_5477.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 2
“10-MA-1221".
Komehyo japan seller
I believe this is authentic

Reactions: MeBagaholic
Item name: Medium Lady Dior in Lambskin (Black)
Online reseller name: Shopthinglive
Direct URL link: No link as I purchased it.

I purchased this bag from ShopThingLive during an event when they were in Japan. ShopThingLive has stated they had verified the bag came from an authentic source and they also authenticated again in-house. They sold this bag with authentication (Entrupy) and it mostly checks out to my untrained eye. I have checked the Entrupy certificate through the website itself and it is the correct bag. I have some doubts about the bag, mainly when I noticed that the charms are not in the correct order - going R D I O instead of DIOR. I’ve attached the photos and would love a second opinion and help with this. I’m also wondering if it is authenticate, would I be able to just remove the R and place it at the end? What’s the best way to do this, if anyone knows…
Hi @averagejoe I hope all is well! Thank you for taking the time to review all of these. I ended up removing the ‘R’ charm and placing it in correct spot. It was actually pretty easy. Would love an opinion whenever you have the opportunity,

All the best, thank you!

Item name: Medium Lady Dior in Lambskin (Black)
Online reseller name: Shopthinglive
Direct URL link: No link as I purchased it.

I purchased this bag from ShopThingLive during an event when they were in Japan. ShopThingLive has stated they had verified the bag came from an authentic source and they also authenticated again in-house. They sold this bag with authentication (Entrupy) and it mostly checks out to my untrained eye. I have checked the Entrupy certificate through the website itself and it is the correct bag. I have some doubts about the bag, mainly when I noticed that the charms are not in the correct order - going R D I O instead of DIOR. I’ve attached the photos and would love a second opinion and help with this. I’m also wondering if it is authenticate, would I be able to just remove the R and place it at the end? What’s the best way to do this, if anyone knows…
Sorry I missed this. I believe this is authentic

Reactions: LadyDiorJPN
Hi, could someone help me authenticate this pre-loved Dior Micro D-Joy that I purchased? It came with a receipt from the Harrods store in UK but still wanted some peace of mind since I heard they can be faked. There is a bit of uneven stitching in the 2nd photo but straight everywhere else. Not sure if this is normal and a manufacturing issue. Can provide more pictures if needed. Thank you!
*Also, there is still some plastic covering some of the hardware if you see bubbling.
View attachment 5992658View attachment 5992662View attachment 5992666View attachment 5992667View attachment 5992668View attachment 5992669View attachment 5992672View attachment 5992673View attachment 5992674View attachment 5992675View attachment 5992676View attachment 5992679
I believe this is authentic

Hello. I would appreciate it if someone can help me authenticate this bag. I couldn't take a clear picture of the code, but it's 04-MA-0156.

Item name: mini lady dior
Online reseller name: re.it, inc.
Direct URL link: (this was purchased through shopshops app)
View attachment 5992558View attachment 5992561View attachment 5992562View attachment 5992563View attachment 5992565View attachment 5992567View attachment 5992568View attachment 5992569

View attachment 5992556View attachment 5992557
I can't confirm without the date code but everything looks good so far.

hi !! i bought this vintage dior wallet from a reseller on depop.

Item name: Vintage Christian Dior Romantique Wallet

Online reseller name: soldbylaura

Direct URL link: https://depop.app.link/vbpqpRJjtJbIMG_5125.png

Attachments

• IMG_5126.png
    IMG_5126.png
    219.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5127.png
    IMG_5127.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5128.png
    IMG_5128.png