Authenticate This! DIOR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Crazybagbroad!Unfortunately I'm quiet sure it's a fake:the face of Christian Dior doesn't look like the the original and,mostly important:if you look at the stiches:they are too thin and the intervals are too big.I' ve just compare it to my Gaucho.I hope you'll understand my bad english(I'm french).I'm sorry...best regards

crazybagbroad said:
Hi I have this posted in another forum and I think this one will get a quicker reponse...
I bought this bag on ebay on a 24hr auction and it went for about 250.. even though the seller insists it is authentic, I dont believe it is..and he wont let me return it..i may have to file a claim through paypal, but let me know what you think..

what gave it away the most is the backwards "Dior" textile lining..
purse2.jpg

purse3.jpg

IMGP2159.jpg

purse1.jpg

Also..even if it is fake..would it be totally pathetic to keep it? the leather is great quality and the bag is beautiful! ..plus as an art student I could never afford the real deal anytime soon..thanks for your help!!!

Hi CrazyBagBroad!

I know that you spent a lot a money on this fake, and that asking for a refund is a frustrating process, but I would definitely proceed with the refund because this Gaucho looks very fake from the outside, especially with the studs being exposed beneath the Dior logo belt buckle. Also, fakes will NOT last at all. Unlike designer handbags where a lot of work is put into the craftsmanship of each handbag (especially for LV, but Dior also follows this tradition strictly, except Dior sometimes uses more fragile fabrics and has designs that sacrifice durability for beauty), a fake is made in China by workers that are hired based on their ability to work fast, and you will never get the same quality with fakes no matter how high quality their materials feel. Most fakes (especially those that use glue to secure parts together) fall apart sooner than mass market bags you can buy at any mall!!!!

In any case, because your Gaucho is a fake, there is reason to believe that the leather may be immitation leather, and it may not be worth keeping at all (you can get imitation leather bags from, say, Guess for much less). If you want the Gaucho but can't afford the real thing, then my best suggestion is to buy a Gaucho look-alike that does not infringe on Dior's trademarks...that way you get to have this style without telling the whole world that you own a fake.

And even if you do want a fake, there are plenty of fakes that look closer to the real thing than this.

Hi kb756,

The cannage boston bag looks real :smile:...the paper tag and the jacquard lining (and its particular color) all match up with the real thing. Almost all fakes of white Dior bags get the jacquard wrong.

Chinadollbaby,
I don't own Dior sunglasses, but those don't look real to me. The sticker on the bottom right is a little suspicious, and the lettering on the side just doesn't look right. I'm not sure though, so hopefully someone else can help you out! :smile:

chinadollbaby said:
Hi everyone! Could I please get some opinions on these OVERSHINE sunnies!! NB: each pic is a separate pair, so opinions on each pic would be much appreciated. THANKS!!!
no1
no2
no3
no4
no5
TA!

I think those are fake..
I have the Dior Overshine 2s; they didn't come with a sticker on the bottom. & on mine, the screws are square instead of circular.

And judging by those pictures, the writing inside of them looks wrong. Like on the side shown, it should have the copyright symbol & 'Christian Dior'

Status
Not open for further replies.