Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

The "Hudson" is fake, for the reasons you already mentioned. And that style had been discontinued long before 2003. I bet that the magnetic snap doesn't have a valid US Patent number either.

The others are ok. Style 9227 is an Ergo Retro Zip.

Thanks so much for these and the Scooter, Hyacinth! At least I got to learn about Hudsons while researching the bad one and it'll make one fine set of tassels someday...I'll check the snaps on it but I bet you're right, too.

Hello! Found this at a vintage shop for $5. I know it's authentic, but don't know specifics about it....Name/year/etc? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 240
Good morning all. I saw this on etsy and was curious...

Item: Vintage Coach Stewardess Bag Made in United States Off White Cream Cross Body - Style 9525 Authentic MINT
Listing number: N/A
Seller: birdsandskylines
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/461756974/vintage-coach-stewardess-bag-made-in?ga_order=date_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=coach bag&ref=sr_gallery_5

Comments: (a) I've never seen a white Stewardess bag before, (b) According to the Daria48 Fakes Guide: "J6D is a prefix often found in fakes," and (c) the underscore beneath the "o" in the No. seems inappropriate for a mid 1990s D-plant bag (I thought that it was closer to a dot).

As always, thanks for looking into this.

Hi, Can I get this bag authenticated?
item: duffle sac 9085
ebay item number:
seller: percypeabody
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191955561103?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I'm concerned about the F factory code and the red zipper fabric. I seem to have just seen black zipper fabric. I emailed the seller to ask for a better creed picture. I really want to find a burgundy vintage duffle sac in good condition and I can't seem to ever find a listing for one. Thanks for all your time authenticators.

Good morning all. I saw this on etsy and was curious...

Item: Vintage Coach Stewardess Bag Made in United States Off White Cream Cross Body - Style 9525 Authentic MINT
Listing number: N/A
Seller: birdsandskylines
Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/461756974/vintage-coach-stewardess-bag-made-in?ga_order=date_desc&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=coach bag&ref=sr_gallery_5

Comments: (a) I've never seen a white Stewardess bag before, (b) According to the Daria48 Fakes Guide: "J6D is a prefix often found in fakes," and (c) the underscore beneath the "o" in the No. seems inappropriate for a mid 1990s D-plant bag (I thought that it was closer to a dot).

As always, thanks for looking into this.
Yes, it's fake. You are right about the underscore being too long and the font of the number is wrong. You have to look very carefully at any J6D prefixes. It is usually easy to see the differences between the fake ones and the real ones. I can't remember ever seeing a white Stewardess but that doesn't mean they never made them. I've seen a pre-serial number white classic pouch, a late 1980s off-white city bag, and certain classic styles made in the 90s came in white.

Hello! Found this at a vintage shop for $5. I know it's authentic, but don't know specifics about it....Name/year/etc? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
It's a skinny case 7170. They made these throughout the 80s and 90s so it is difficult to pin down a year unless it is a unique color. We've seen very close fakes of these. They are difficult to authenticate.

ebay item number:
link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191955561103?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I'm concerned about the F factory code and the red zipper fabric. I seem to have just seen black zipper fabric. I emailed the seller to ask for a better creed picture. I really want to find a burgundy vintage duffle sac in good condition and I can't seem to ever find a listing for one. Thanks for all your time authenticators.
The link doesn't work but I looked it up by the item number. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-red-hobo-purse-/191955561103?hash=item2cb1716a8f:g:qZEAAOSwZVlXwLc8
Generally we don't take the seller's word for the creed number; we like to see a picture since the seller could have read it wrong. However, even without a picture of it, I can tell the bag is fake. The inside pocket is way too big. The grommets appear to be silver even though the rest of the hardware is brass. The metal part of the zipper pull is wrong.

For your information, F is a valid factory code but I believe was only used for business items and only for a short time. As far as zipper color, all older bags had black or navy zippers, but in the 90s, Coach started using colors to match the leather. I had a 1996 red duffle sac that had a red zipper.

Yes, it's fake. You are right about the underscore being too long and the font of the number is wrong. You have to look very carefully at any J6D prefixes. It is usually easy to see the differences between the fake ones and the real ones. I can't remember ever seeing a white Stewardess but that doesn't mean they never made them. I've seen a pre-serial number white classic pouch, a late 1980s off-white city bag, and certain classic styles made in the 90s came in white.
Thanks for the confirm. Having handled 20+ of them, Stewardess seem to have become my specialty and I believe I've seen every available color made prior to the Chinese versions. But I've never come across a white (or off-white) one. You're absolutely right about white and off-whites being available in early versions of other iconic styles. I've two pre-creed Classic Pouches in bone: one identified with a black COACH metal tag and another with the COACH cartouche imprint, and once had an ivory (or bone?) Duffle Sac with a cartouche imprint. But never a Stewardess in anything lighter than a natural leather color.

The link doesn't work but I looked it up by the item number. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-red-hobo-purse-/191955561103?hash=item2cb1716a8f:g:qZEAAOSwZVlXwLc8
Generally we don't take the seller's word for the creed number; we like to see a picture since the seller could have read it wrong. However, even without a picture of it, I can tell the bag is fake. The inside pocket is way too big. The grommets appear to be silver even though the rest of the hardware is brass. The metal part of the zipper pull is wrong.

For your information, F is a valid factory code but I believe was only used for business items and only for a short time. As far as zipper color, all older bags had black or navy zippers, but in the 90s, Coach started using colors to match the leather. I had a 1996 red duffle sac that had a red zipper.
Thanks whateve. I almost bought it because I really want that color. I'm glad I waited. I see someone else has already bought it though. It was such a good price. It seems some fakes are priced so cheaply, the sellers must know they are fakes.

ebay item number:

Well, it looks as though it was snatched up anyway via the BIN option. The buyer of record, showing (742) feedbacks, is in all likelihood a reseller. So don't be surprised if it reappears somewhere sometime soon. Once upon a time one could somewhat reliably ID the resellers name when they utilized a single account for both buying and selling. For some reason s***y(742) rings a bell, but I cannot place it just now. Caveat emptor folks.

An aside comment though regarding the zipper: Indeed, as pointed out, color coordinated zippers became the rule at one point. In addition, replacing the zippers on some of the older, larger styles was not that uncommon a practice given that problems with zipper operation and failures in the bias tape (especially at the base end) were not rare occurrences.

Good morning, I have this early City Bag in bone that I have a note to myself saying I purchased on eBay in 2013. Also, I'm hoping this lighter weight drawstring Tote I purchased on eBay about same time is genuine. The Creed in the black is impossible to read because the imprint is light. The best I can make out even using a magnifying glass is 762-6864, and I'm not positive about that. The oval base measures 10 1/2" x 5" and it's 10" high. Is this enough to authenticate? More photos in a minute. Thanks for any opinions.

Attachments

• IMG_20160829_083245.jpg
    IMG_20160829_083245.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20160829_083211.jpg
    IMG_20160829_083211.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_20160829_083230.jpg
    IMG_20160829_083230.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20160829_083139388_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160829_083139388_HDR.jpg