Authentic Paddys on sale at Elizabeth Thomas

lordguinny said:
This is hard, as I have both and can't imagine not owning both colors! :lol: But you have to consider a few things if you can only have one or the other. The first thing is although it is a strong color, whiskey can actually be worn with a ton of clothing. I love wearing it with black, browns, white, patterned clothing, etc. The chocolate can be worn with a lot but doesn't "POP" with black and browns like the whiskey color does. So if you are a black/grey clothing person I'd go with whiskey.

However....Chloe makes THE BEST chocolate. Hands down. You will never see another designer come up with a chocolate as good as Chloe's. It's deep, rich and saturated indoors. Outdoors it's burgandy undertones make the bag look like ripe berries generously drizzled with chocolate syrup. Some bags make me describe them as food and Chloe's chocolate color is one of them!

So...in the end, it depends on your wardrobe. Because no matter how much you love a color if you don't wear it then it is a shame. What colors do you wear a lot?

Edit: Also, the texture of the bag makes a big difference to me. If you find a perfectly smooshy pebbly whiskey but can't find the same one for the chocolate then I would go whiskey. The only problem right now is whiskey is very very hard to find in the department stores and boutiques. I personally think that any whiskey out right now are from Spring '06. I don't think they were available for order for Fall '06. I think they are pushing that orange color (which, in my opinion is a bit strong).

lordguinny, thanks for all your thoughtful advice. The Whiskey is all sold out so I guess it is a moot point. I just recently bought a chocolate Paddy from Bloomingdales so I'm going to remain faithful to it :smile: It is such a wonderful color. My wardrobe tends to be Khaki's and Jeans, so the Chocolate is great with them. I just love the Whiskey color too. Maybe I'll reserve it when I get an Edith. I just love that Whiskey color.

cheapmommy said:
lordguinny, thanks for all your thoughtful advice. The Whiskey is all sold out so I guess it is a moot point. I just recently bought a chocolate Paddy from Bloomingdales so I'm going to remain faithful to it :smile: It is such a wonderful color. My wardrobe tends to be Khaki's and Jeans, so the Chocolate is great with them. I just love the Whiskey color too. Maybe I'll reserve it when I get an Edith. I just love that Whiskey color.

Oh, the whiskey in the Edith is DIVINE!!!! When I had my whiskey Edith (I recently returned her) I couldn't get over the color. When I returned I purchased the whiskey paddington to compensate for the lost whiskey color...

...but to be truthful, the whiskey in the paddington doesn't override my ardor for the whiskey in the Edith. It is my opinion that the whiskey in the Edith is more divine. However, the shape of the paddington wins it for me over the Edith. Hence, the whiskey paddington. ;)