Attn. Miroir Owners-Stiches start to ripped!?

I agree to an extent - in the M line - it's plastic. It's not cowhide or lambskin (that kind of made me laugh). I do think generally LV has wonderful quality - my babylone is almost 10 years old and is gorgeous. However, when a bag is entirely made out of plastic, I think there are going to be quality problems. Plastic is difficult to stitch (anyone who has ever made a child's Halloween costume out of vinyl can attest to that), so there are likely going to be issues with a vinyl/plastic bag. Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised if there is some rippling where the stitching is. I think if people are unhappy with it, for a bag that was over $1,000.00, (if it were me), I'd probably return it and buy something with long term beauty and durability. This line worries me a bit in terms of how it's going to wear unfortunately.

As striking as these bags are they just won't stand the test of time with daily use.The base of these bags are a canvas that has muliple coats of a liquid metal to produce the Miriored affect along with a PVC coating that produces the stiffness and stability of the bag.
While the stiching will most likely stay intact the surface of these bags will run into many problems in the long run,cracking and discoloration are to be expected,it's the nature of the materials used in the Mirior Line.

Goodluck with your Mirior pieces,after doing my homework I exchanged mine for a bag that would stand the test of time.

People just need to have common sense and some idea of material science. If you don't want wear and tear occuring, then don't wear it! The arc of the handles are going to have some stress marks on them (esp on the side you wear it on) because it is plastic. This occurs in leathers too.
It's dissappointing to know that in the end, by buying these plastic bags, you're just paying for LV's annual $250 million advertising campaign costs-which leads them to cut production costs and then the quality of the product.

I htink most people obssess over the fact that you pay 1000+ for a bag and expect it to remain forever flawless like the day you bought it. C'mon people, it's a BAG, you use it, wear it out, throw it away, and buy a new bag. Unless there's some serious defects like... every single stitch popping out in ALL places, or the bag randomly splits apart when you don't even use it during the first month, then bring it back.
just MY opinion

Exactly :idea: .. thank yoU!

I have not had any problems so far with my silver speedy or gold pouchette.

But I agree, I expect some wear and tear it is only a bag and I am not terribly picky at all.:shrugs:

People just need to have common sense and some idea of material science. If you don't want wear and tear occuring, then don't wear it! The arc of the handles are going to have some stress marks on them (esp on the side you wear it on) because it is plastic. This occurs in leathers too.
It's dissappointing to know that in the end, by buying these plastic bags, you're just paying for LV's annual $250 million advertising campaign costs-which leads them to cut production costs and then the quality of the product.

ITA with you...and CEC's post too.
And about the cherries/pandas rubbing off, I wouldn't really consider it a "problem", it's just the process used to make the bag. They did mention it in the care booklet, didn't they? So, it's expected, whereas this "rippling" wasn't really mentioned in the Miroir care booklet, it definitely is considered a problem.
IMO, a bag is bought to be used. If you're scared it'll do this, do that, don't use it and buy a Damier! :graucho:

I htink most people obssess over the fact that you pay 1000+ for a bag and expect it to remain forever flawless like the day you bought it. C'mon people, it's a BAG, you use it, wear it out, throw it away, and buy a new bag. Unless there's some serious defects like... every single stitch popping out in ALL places, or the bag randomly splits apart when you don't even use it during the first month, then bring it back.
just MY opinion

One would expect damage to occur from daily use. But why would you purchase a bag from LV to the tune of $1000 if you wanted defects like stitches popping or serious creasing? Many people in this forum say that they like LV because of it's good quality and the fact that these bags can still be used 10-15 years from now with only minor wear and tear, and the fact that part replacement costs are also not extreme. So the cost per unit time wearing it makes it worthwhile.

I (or my SO) don't have a serveral-hundred-thousand-dollars-per-year income that would make buying an LV bag just a drop in the ocean. Therefore I expect my bags to wear well, and for the styles to be reasonably timeless. But if I didn't mind a bag that popped stitiches and generally started to look shabby after a few months of use I'd probably buy one from Wal-Mart.

That's what I think.

One would expect damage to occur from daily use. But why would you purchase a bag from LV to the tune of $1000 if you wanted defects like stitches popping or serious creasing? Many people in this forum say that they like LV because of it's good quality and the fact that these bags can still be used 10-15 years from now with only minor wear and tear, and the fact that part replacement costs are also not extreme. So the cost per unit time wearing it makes it worthwhile.

I (or my SO) don't have a serveral-hundred-thousand-dollars-per-year income that would make buying an LV bag just a drop in the ocean. Therefore I expect my bags to wear well, and for the styles to be reasonably timeless. But if I didn't mind a bag that popped stitiches and generally started to look shabby after a few months of use I'd probably buy one from Wal-Mart.

That's what I think.

True as well, I agree with what you said, but when a bag is made of PVC, what can we expect? :shrugs: I mean, it's PVC; it's the nature of the material and is affecting the "quality" of the bag...I doubt Vuitton's PVC is more or less durable than the PVC used to make the little pellets in my beanie babies...Personally I don't think the ripples in the PVC of the handles are LV's problem, it's just the PVC's problem.

Also true that maybe they shouldn't have used PVC in the first place, but after that, it's up to the buyer whether or not he/she wants to pay $1000 for a PVC bag and to deal with the problems that comes with PVC (scratching, ripples, possible ripping of plastic around stitches) :smile:

This was the case with the Silver Papillon I had as well. There are creases on the strap of the bag. I was told this was normal.

I discovered the same problem on the handles of my silver papillon. They were there from the beginning and I haven't even used my bag yet!!!!

Actually, these are CREASES on the PVC Plastic (not rips on the stitching - the stitching still looks fine). They occur when you bend the material, which is inevitable on the handle of the papillon.

On mine, it is not just on the part where you hold the bag, it is randomly located along the whole strap :Push: I was scared that the deep creases would eventually CRACK open, so I took it back to my SA (who by the way is the store manager)... she said that it is "NORMAL" phenomenon on the papillons. I was like 'what the heck, this is LV?? :hysteric: '.. But she didn't have another one for me to exchange so I just took it back home and accepted it :yucky:

That's what I think.

ITA !!!!
Isn't that what everyone always says - the price os just because of the quality?

I have cheap bags from forever 21, etc that cost under $20 - made of plastic and look as great today as the day I bought them - even though I use3d them lots. For over $1000 they should dtand the test of time! LV should make sure of this - and if they don't then don't release them.
Like PP said - the more I hear the less I am lovin LV.
aaarrgh :cursing:

True as well, I agree with what you said, but when a bag is made of PVC, what can we expect? I mean, it's PVC; it's the nature of the material and is affecting the "quality" of the bag...I doubt Vuitton's PVC is more or less durable than the PVC used to make the little pellets in my beanie babies...Personally I don't think the ripples in the PVC of the handles are LV's problem, it's just the PVC's problem.

Also true that maybe they shouldn't have used PVC in the first place, but after that, it's up to the buyer whether or not he/she wants to pay $1000 for a PVC bag and to deal with the problems that comes with PVC (scratching, ripples, possible ripping of plastic around stitches)

I agree.
IMO, if you're spending that kind of money on one or two bags you really want and know you'll use forever, then get a mono or damier piece. The Miroir line is NOT meant to be a daily bag. It's funny how you get people who say they'll have no idea what to wear with it then complain that it won't stand the test of daily batterings (meaning months of use, as we typically do with our mono bags). Were you planning on using it that much anyway?
Keep in mind this is a Limited Edition line. It's meant to be collected and used for special occasions or for shorter periods of time.

And also, there's a comment from Michelle in here somewhere that I can't find at the moment, but my BH handles are doing the same thing...it's because of the shape of the handle.

I agree.
IMO, if you're spending that kind of money on one or two bags you really want and know you'll use forever, then get a mono or damier piece. The Miroir line is NOT meant to be a daily bag. It's funny how you get people who say they'll have no idea what to wear with it then complain that it won't stand the test of daily batterings (meaning months of use, as we typically do with our mono bags). Were you planning on using it that much anyway?
Keep in mind this is a Limited Edition line. It's meant to be collected and used for special occasions or for shorter periods of time.

And also, there's a comment from Michelle in here somewhere that I can't find at the moment, but my BH handles are doing the same thing...it's because of the shape of the handle.
:yes: ITA. When I pick up my bag, the SA did say it's NOT an everyday bag.

I agree.

ITA as well. I wanted to say that the Miroir seemed more of a collectible than an actual everyday bag (hence the term LE), but I was afraid I'd get bashed for it. :shame: Different strokes for different folks. I think Miroir is gorgeous, but the line doesn't suit my needs. I just like to admire them in other people's collections. :sweatdrop: