Attn Honest Ebay Sellers!!

I know, that's why I put they should allow us to start doing it again :smile: It's the only way things could possibly be fair and warn other sellers. I know if I saw that in someone's feedback I wouldn't sell to them.

:lol:No I know you know...I didn't know...so my reply was a question. I had no idea sellers couldn't give negative feedback. So what kind of feedback can sellers give to buyers? Just positive and/or neutral?

:lol:No I know you know...I didn't know...so my reply was a question. I had no idea sellers couldn't give negative feedback. So what kind of feedback can sellers give to buyers? Just positive and/or neutral?

Only positives are allowed to be left for buyers.

It would be great if the OP would post the buyer's ID and/or post it on the bbl thread.

I want to write this for all honest ebay sellers out there. At this point I really don't know what I should or will do next, but I feel like I should spread out the word to warn other honest ebay sellers out there who don't realize how vulnerable we really are on ebay/paypal....

Long story short, I sold a bag, over $2000, I shipped it overnight express, tracking number, signature required, insurance coverage. I did everything I thought I could do to protect myself. Well, the next day, buyer said it was an empty box. Fast forward to a month later:

1) USPS denied my insurance claim b/c the box has no sign of damage (meaning USPS believes that the item was NOT lost or stolen during transit which took less than 24 hours). Ok, so if I did in fact put the bag inside the shipping box, and USPS is saying the shipping box still looks intact, not damaged not tampered not like someone opened it and re-sealed it, WHAT DOES IT MEAN PAYPAL??

2) Well, PayPal sided with the buyer because the buyer submitted "evidence," which was a police report I believe. So here's my question: Does filing a police report necessarily mean that she REALLY got an empty box with no bag inside?? I mean, compared to other much more serious crimes, would the police even investigate this case (and how to do so? Go to her home to see if she really got the bag?!)? Honestly, if a scammer starts off with an ill intent to steal, which is already a crime, would he care that now he's committing yet another crime, which is filing a false police report? I don't know the answer, but I just don't see how a police report could be seen as an important and absolutely valid evidence to prove an empty box claim. I also contacted law enforcement too and provided my statements as I have nothing to hide, so why PayPal took her word and not mine?

So now, I am out of bag and out of $$. PayPal is useless, they have the nerve to tell me that was a "business risk" I was willing to take when I chose to sell on ebay, can you believe that?

So all you honest people out there, please please please do NOT sell on eBay and do NOT use PayPal!! And insurance (at least for USPS) does NOTHING when you are being scammed by a stranger who actually did receive an item but lied about not receiving it.

Any lawyer out there? I need to know what are my legal options should I decide to pursue it. Please PM me!

Being a widow single mom with a little child, my life is stressful enough, I really don't know why people would go out and ruin other people's life like that!
Im so sorry. I believe in Karma too.

Could you pm me the buyers ID so I can block them? Or better yet, post it.

So sorry this happened to you!
I want to block this person too!

This is one of the most heartbreaking evilbay stories I've read.

And to those talking about karma - are you serious? All the great fortunes started with a crime.

This is terrible. And why can't you post the ID of the buyer here? You should not have to PM it, the scammer needs to be exposed.

AGREE.

This so-called "buyer" SHOULD be exposed--so OP, why not (and please) reveal this scammer's ID for the rest of us to guard ourselves against. Also, we could keep a look-out for you in regards to this scammer and your bag (should it turn up somewhere online or somewhere we are at...even). TPF'ers here are EXCELLENT sleuths if/when need be. Which reminds me to say, has BeenBurned seen this thread yet...? :supacool:

You keep mentioning/telling/reminding us (repeatedly) on this thread to NOT sell our high-endstuff on *bay/use PP and all, and yes, very much appreciate the 'warning' you are giving us/this case that you're sharing with us but at this point--IMHO--you should EXPOSE this scammer already (DISC: *I'm using the word "scammer" for this buyer of yours solely of course based on what you said he/she did to you*). And yes, like the other TPF'ers have mentioned--Karma always does get served. There is a God.

I want to block this person too!

This is one of the most heartbreaking evilbay stories I've read.

And to those talking about karma - are you serious? All the great fortunes started with a crime.

Yes, heartbreaking...my heart goes out to the OP.

Karma and all...yes...but I do LOVE what you said about how (really all..?) those great fortunes were made Jayne1. :police: Would love to hear of some examples. :P

AGREE.

This so-called "buyer" SHOULD be exposed--so OP, why not (and please) reveal this scammer's ID for the rest of us to guard ourselves against. Also, we could keep a look-out for you in regards to this scammer and your bag (should it turn up somewhere online or somewhere we are at...even). TPF'ers here are EXCELLENT sleuths if/when need be. Which reminds me to say, has BeenBurned seen this thread yet...? :supacool:

You keep mentioning/telling/reminding us (repeatedly) on this thread to NOT sell our high-endstuff on *bay/use PP and all, and yes, very much appreciate the 'warning' you are giving us/this case that you're sharing with us but at this point--IMHO--you should EXPOSE this scammer already (DISC: *I'm using the word "scammer" for this buyer of yours solely of course based on what you said he/she did to you*). And yes, like the other TPF'ers have mentioned--Karma always does get served. There is a God.

Please look at a PM I sent you.

Seems like this "buyer" who is also an online seller was negged for selling a fake Chanel watch just this year. And then looks like she turned around and re-sold it to another unsuspecting innocent buyer a month later--and all the sold items are "private".

Seems like this "buyer" who is also an online seller was negged for selling a fake Chanel watch just this year. And then looks like she turned around and re-sold it to another unsuspecting innocent buyer a month later--and all the sold items are "private".

You are fast...and so right....but again, PayPal cares less.