Are you competitive with your siblings?

I have one younger sister (we're 12 months apart.)

We've never been competitive with each other because we're such different people. We're very protective of one another and only want the best for each other. :yes:

We're fortunate in that our parents never compared us. They've just always encouraged us to be there for each other no matter what.

haha.. i'm the eldest. so i've got to "set an example." But basically i felt that was the best part - you set the bar.

On the other hand though, i did work to make sure they won't beat my bar.

One thing to do to avoid being compared is to go into different fields heheh.

I have really close friends I consider almost-siblings. I don't get competitive with the girls but boy... with the guys? We're always trying to out-something each other.

Am i competitive with my sister?? YES YES YES!! In school we are about the same. In sports, big time. Even with popularity, clothes, obessions, etc.!! Maybe it is because we are only two yr apart (she's older) and every one confuses us. I guess it must be natural that we are competitive. Like twins I guess...

Nope. My brother is so much more successful than I, and so much more respected within our family that there would be absolutely no point in me even trying to compete.

Not really... but kind of. My sister and I swam at the same time and sometimes that got competitive because we could have ended up in the same races etc. But we were ok with that- always backing eachother up. My brothers are still competitive- not in a bad way, but always pushing each other and making the other one up him. It is funny, but I think healthy competition is always healthy.

I am 6 years older than my brother.:P
He is 6 ft tall, I am 5 ft 2".
He is an extrovert., I am an introvert.:shame:
He is single. I have been married 18 years this year.
He has a million friends, I have a handful of very close friends.
He's all about Partying, I am about family get togethers.
He will have you laughing on the floor:lol: ,l will cuss your a** out :censor: .
We work for the same materials company!!--different departments.
But we love each other to death.:heart: No competition here.:flowers:

with my older sister and i (5 years apart), it's more like i feel like i must live up to her (just graduated brown and off to yale law school). but i am also a twin, and there is absolutely no way to avoid competition there. especially being teenagers who are about to go through the whole applying to college thing in a few months...oy vey.