are u a romantic or a realist?

madamefifi

cat hoarder
O.G.
Aug 23, 2006
Do you get all starry-eyed at the thought of moonlit walks on the beach, dinner by candlelight, and/or snuggling on the sofa watching old movies with a fire in the fireplace while it pours down rain outside? Or does romantic twaddle like that make you laugh like a hyena? Cards with poems in them or cards that poke fun at you for getting older? A dozen red roses or a gift certificate to Borders?

just curious, part deux

Oh my! Don't laugh! I am a hopeless romantic!!!! I love cards with poem, and the roses, and everything you mentioned! lol! My friends think I should wake up, because according to them I will not find someone that thinks like me!

I'm a complete realist. I don't like roses, they die and drop petals everywhere. Sheesh.... :rolleyes:

For our wedding, DH and I had trouble finding vows we could say with a straight face. Can't stand all that romantic stuff. I can put up with funny romantic, but not sappy romantic.

I'm a complete realist. I don't like roses, they die and drop petals everywhere. Sheesh.... :rolleyes:

For our wedding, DH and I had trouble finding vows we could say with a straight face. Can't stand all that romantic stuff. I can put up with funny romantic, but not sappy romantic.
:yes: I like you!

I'm 50/50...I use to be a romantic but, after 18 yrs of marriage, the realist side caught up. DH is more of a romantic than I am?!:upsidedown:

Me too....not quite 18 years, yet. Will be 14 next month.

DH often surpises me with flowers and notes tucked into my bag, pillow, etc.
I know how lucky I am, so I do the same....but he is better at it than I...

100% realist but also sentimental. Overly romantic stuff is a bit sickening to me... like that SATC episode with Carrie and the Russian!

My BF however is an absolute hopeless romantic! Poor guy!