Are my Bow bag straps too long?!?

hey injenue~thanks for measuring!! i guess the straps are the same size!! but looking at ur photos ur photo seems still short then mine?!
Is ur bow the smaller bow? is that why?
ahh i'm going crazy now...hahaha...
but thanks for measuring and taking photos, ur bow and outfit is great!! :P

Yes... i realise that.. both of our straps measured 112cm...
i think that the size of the bow bags would be where the difference is... mine is a small.. so the actually bag doesn't reach as low as yours cuz it's smaller... i'm thinking thats why....

out of curiosity... are you asian? :P

Yes... i realise that.. both of our straps measured 112cm...
i think that the size of the bow bags would be where the difference is... mine is a small.. so the actually bag doesn't reach as low as yours cuz it's smaller... i'm thinking thats why....

out of curiosity... are you asian? :P

heya~ i'm chinese :P! hehe how about you??

yeah i agree with you...i think its because of the size of our bags...gosh i really wish they make the straps shorter!!

and i do the double strap thing too so it can fit on my shoulder...but i sometimes worry it will bend the shape of the bag and damage the strap because of it being doubled~! but i hope its ok~lol!!

Browsing a lot of modeling pics at this Forum I have noticed that A LOT of members here seem to be of East Asian heritage. Regardless of nationality. Explains why I have problem finding someone in my size with a bow though... :smile:

I am taking a new approach now to finding out whether a medium Bow is too big for me ;):

1) Does anyone have both a medium Miu Miu Bow and a Mulberry Bayswater?

19118_in_l.jpg

OR

2) Does anyone have both a medium Miu Miu Bow and a MBMJ Dr Groovee?
31127_in_l.jpg

How do you think that the Bow is in size compared to any of these two bags?

Thing is, I think that both these bags are too big for me but they are actually somewhat smaller than the Miu Miu medium Bow according to measurements. But, since the Bow is much more slouchy I can imagine that it doesn't feels as big as the other two bags.

Last edited:
injenue: thanks for the explanation, it did make sense after you explained it step by step!! :yes:

lionea: do you have some asian blood in you? and what do you mean by your size, do you mean height?

ooh so at one point i owned both a dr. groovee and a medium bow bag but returned both. however, i did take pics of me with both... so i can post those for you later if it'll help! they're not great pics but maybe it'll give you a better idea in terms of size comparison.

clearbright, I mean both height and built. I lived in Shanghai as an exchange student for a semester two years ago and had to buy XXL. Pretty depressing. :s All the Chinese girls were so small and slender. In Sweden I usually buy size small... My Chinese friend has to buy her clothes in the children department in Sweden.

clearbright, I mean both height and built. I lived in Shanghai as an exchange student for a semester two years ago and had to buy XXL. Pretty depressing. :s All the Chinese girls were so small and slender. In Sweden I usually buy size small... My Chinese friend has to buy her clothes in the children department in Sweden.

oh yes, i have had the same experience with clothing size in asia, and i am also asian! :shame: i guess i am not the typical asian. how tall are you? i'm 5'7" (170cm) so hopefully my pics will be a little more helpful to you if we are closer in height. in terms of build i am probably not as small as you since i usually wear medium or large. :sweatdrop:

oh yes, i have had the same experience with clothing size in asia, and i am also asian! :shame: i guess i am not the typical asian. how tall are you? i'm 5'7" (170cm) so hopefully my pics will be a little more helpful to you if we are closer in height. in terms of build i am probably not as small as you since i usually wear medium or large. :sweatdrop:

Wow, that's great, thanks! Looking forward to your pictures! So what did you think about the bags in terms of size?

I'm 168 cm and don't have that slender look at all, more athletic I guess (even though I'm not).

I found this girl's blog. She is 173 cm and on her the Bow doesn't look too big, pretty ok (perhaps even great) sized actually.
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/05/img_1847.JPG
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/05/img_1721.JPG
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/04/img_1049.JPG

hehe.. i'm from HK :smile:

Lionea : i think the bayswater would be larger than even the medium bow....the bow might seem large but it's quite slouchy....

injenue: i'm from HK too!! =) are u living in hk now?

Lionea: the bayswater is def bigger then the medium bow, and yes it is quite slouchy due to the soft leather..yum~
i've never seen the small bow in real life so i won't know how to compare...~:sweatdrop:

injenue: i'm from HK too!! =) are u living in hk now?

Lionea: the bayswater is def bigger then the medium bow, and yes it is quite slouchy due to the soft leather..yum~
i've never seen the small bow in real life so i won't know how to compare...~:sweatdrop:

fee512 : HIGH FIVE! HAHAHAHA

i'm not in HK now though... i live in a boring city called Perth.... >_<

i only go back once a year now...

fee512 : HIGH FIVE! HAHAHAHA

i'm not in HK now though... i live in a boring city called Perth.... >_<

i only go back once a year now...

injenue: lol...HIGH 5!! =D

ooo...are u are student?
i'm in london, uk....its pretty boring and where everything is expensive!!! i go back once or twice a year...shall be going back in summer!! how about u?

;)

injenue: lol...HIGH 5!! =D

ooo...are u are student?
i'm in london, uk....its pretty boring and where everything is expensive!!! i go back once or twice a year...shall be going back in summer!! how about u?

;)

London, boring??? You crazy girl... They've got two Miu Miu stores and Harrods, that's all I'm saying... ;)

I SO want to go to London right now. Looking at flights for next weekend. Yeeeahj... :woohoo:

Wow, that's great, thanks! Looking forward to your pictures! So what did you think about the bags in terms of size?

I'm 168 cm and don't have that slender look at all, more athletic I guess (even though I'm not).

I found this girl's blog. She is 173 cm and on her the Bow doesn't look too big, pretty ok (perhaps even great) sized actually.
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/05/img_1847.JPG
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/05/img_1721.JPG
http://www.filippas.se/wp-content/2008/04/img_1049.JPG

hmm so i didn't like the groovee, i think it was just too structured even though it's made of squishy leather... i think it's on the thick side. the bow is thinner and less structured so it didn't seem as big. but i have to disclose that i do prefer larger bags. :nuts: honestly i think you would like the medium bow. it's not THAT big! i think it'd be a great size for your height. :yes:

i am going to send you a pm with the pics. ;)