archaic classique

mlertpac - that's similar to Sienna's black classique - which is the one that she totes around everyone and is photographed with in a lot of pictures. If you look closely, it's got the flat studs (same as yours) --- so lucky you as you've got one of the original editions. I think they were made 2 years before the Balenciaga craze. Cheers to found treasures!!!!

Further, as far as I'm concerned no fakes are being made with those flat studs - all of them are raised and that includes from the ugliest end of the b.bag spectrum to the opposite mirror image end - aldo, besso, canal st., china made, and all others included. So, be assured that you've got an authentic.

Hey ladies, thanks for all the good thoughts! I took it out for a swing yesterday and decided I really liked how much longer the straps were compared to newer classique straps. yay! :biggrin: I feel tempted to sell my newer bbags to buy older ones.

I spotted a white city yesterday from seasons back- it had "C" on the metal tag, and tarnished silver hardware- so it's from that era of seafoams! I don't like white, but this white bag had such wonderful and delicious leather.. The handles were a bit dirty, but I think white is easy to clean up.. you don't have to worry about color loss. Should I?

mlertpac said:
Hey ladies, thanks for all the good thoughts! I took it out for a swing yesterday and decided I really liked how much longer the straps were compared to newer classique straps. yay! :biggrin: I feel tempted to sell my newer bbags to buy older ones.

I spotted a white city yesterday from seasons back- it had "C" on the metal tag, and tarnished silver hardware- so it's from that era of seafoams! I don't like white, but this white bag had such wonderful and delicious leather.. The handles were a bit dirty, but I think white is easy to clean up.. you don't have to worry about color loss. Should I?

you should ;)

ok here's the caramel w/ long straps and flat studs that I was talking about:shame: the handles are kinda dark already:cry:

mlertpac is this the same style as yours? :shame:

brown_balenciaga003.jpg

I am still on the verge of getting it or not because of the handles:love: my friend is so kind enough to sell it for a "decent and affordable" price because of the handles:shame:

thoughts ladies? should I get it?