Aquamarine Halo Ring

FlipDiver

O.G.
Nov 4, 2010
Hello everyone! I've been on the hunt for a cushion cut aquamarine ring with a diamond halo for a looong time... and I think I've found the one! It's a 10mm cushion aquamarine center stone with a diamond halo and split shank band in white gold, with about 1ct tw in diamonds.

aquamarinering.jpg

The problem is, it's above my price range. This is about $2250. I was hoping to keep it around $500-800. ? I was actually looking for 6-8mm cushion, but I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this 10mm. Is there no hope for me to find something similar, but closer to my price range? I think I've fallen in love with this ring, just not the price :sad: Help?

*Note* I would like to use in place of my ering and wedding band set. I already have a gorgeous diamond princess ering with channel set round diamonds along the side and a matching wedding band with round channel set diamonds, which I was thinking of having reset into a shared prong setting.

However, since the split shank of this ring kinda looks like a ering with a wedding band, I was going to use this in place of my ering and wedding band set most days. Then on more formal occasions, switch this ring over to my right hand and wear my original set. Yes?

Ok I'm not going to be much help because I also think the first one is TDF!! The color of the stone is much more vibrant and I love the setting. I know it is pricey but if you are planning on wearing this as your E-ring then I think you definitely need to get the one you love.

Thanks for your input everyone! I seriously can't stop staring at the pics of the first ring.

Here's a side shot:
aquamarineringside.jpg

And a really blurry mod shot (sorry, I couldn't get my iPhone to focus). 10mm cushion is roughly equivalent to 4 carats. Is it too big to use as an ering for every day?
aquamarineringmod.jpg

aquamarinering.jpg

Attachments

• aquamarine ring.jpg
    aquamarine ring.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,468
  • aquamarine ring mod.jpg
    aquamarine ring mod.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • aquamarine ring side.jpg
    aquamarine ring side.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,152
Ok I'm not going to be much help because I also think the first one is TDF!! The color of the stone is much more vibrant and I love the setting. I know it is pricey but if you are planning on wearing this as your E-ring then I think you definitely need to get the one you love.

You're totally right... initially I was looking for just a right hand cocktail ring, but when I saw how gorgeous the first ring is I realized I would love to wear it as my ering/band. It probably is worth it then to spend a little more :yes:

I agree that if you are going to regularly wear this in place of your e-ring, then you need to go with the ring that makes your heart sing. The first one is just beautiful, and the color is much more intense than the second. The split shank is really gorgeous.

the 1st one is just obviously better quality. The diamonds, the colour of the aquamarine...I dont know if you are comparing all other rings against the first one and nothing comes close. Maybe you could try to negotiate a lower price and save for a bit longer?

I think if you plan to use this for a wedding set, you should get the one you love.

The only negative I can say about this is that Aquamarine will not hold up as well over the long term, it's VERY soft. So you might have scratching issues.

I agree that if you are going to regularly wear this in place of your e-ring, then you need to go with the ring that makes your heart sing. The first one is just beautiful, and the color is much more intense than the second. The split shank is really gorgeous.

The first one really did make my heart sing...

the 1st one is just obviously better quality. The diamonds, the colour of the aquamarine...I dont know if you are comparing all other rings against the first one and nothing comes close. Maybe you could try to negotiate a lower price and save for a bit longer?

I was hinting at the jeweler to work with me on the price, but I think I'll have to be a little more direct. :P

I think if you plan to use this for a wedding set, you should get the one you love.

The only negative I can say about this is that Aquamarine will not hold up as well over the long term, it's VERY soft. So you might have scratching issues.

I was wondering how some other gemstone erings compared to diamond. I have an emerald aquamarine ring that still looks new, however I don't wear it every day like I do my wedding rings of course.

That's BEAUTIFUL. I saw some similar rings by Jane Taylor.

Thanks jordan! I'll look into Jane Taylor...

The first one really did make my heart sing...

I was hinting at the jeweler to work with me on the price, but I think I'll have to be a little more direct. :P

I was wondering how some other gemstone erings compared to diamond. I have an emerald aquamarine ring that still looks new, however I don't wear it every day like I do my wedding rings of course.

Thanks jordan! I'll look into Jane Taylor...
you also have more bargaining room if you pay in cash, jewellers like to avoid the fees from credit companies!