Anyone with a cambon reporter have this problem before?

jeannie77

Mar 3, 2006
The strap on my cambon reporter (large size) snapped!!! (the bottom part where it looks like it's tied into a knot) I'm going to take it to the boutique this weekend but I'm so upset! Has anyone ever had this problem before???

How much do you put inside? I saw a woman who had her Reporter filled to the brim with a broken strap hanging off. I don't overfill mine and it's been fine. Of course for the prices we pay they shouldn't break at all...

I'd be mad too as I had a handle from another Chanel bag break but was able to exchange it for another (Cloudy Bundle tote) versus sent it out for repair.

I do tend to carry a lot of stuff with me (esp. with bigger bags... I think I have a tendency to want to fill it up for some reason :sweatdrop:), but not to the point where it's ridiculously heavy (since I'M the one who has to carry it on my shoulders :smile:)... but maybe that's the reason. However like you said roey, for the prices we pay they really shouldn't break at all! I just hope they can repair it easily!!!

Sorry to hear that...I feel your pain and frustration!
:sad: I've only had one problem with a Chanel bag over the past 12 or so years and it was a minor repair. Saks sent it back to Chanel and they fixed it but, it took awhile. I do tend to overload my larger bags, especially when I travel with them and they've held up really well. Good luck....I'm sure they'll fix and get it back to you looking just like new!!!!!

Thanks kristal! I just talked to the SA at the boutique where I'm taking it to get it fixed, and she seems to think that it's not a big problem so I hope it really does turn out to be a more minor repair than I'm worrying about.

hope you got your problem solved soon!!Mine is at my friend's place. I will be travelling to US onemonth after. THat would be the time I get my reporter.
I am suffreing now. dreaming about my bag every night hahah