Anyone thinking Fall 2012 yet?

Mar 15, 2011
I know it is hot (at least for a lot of us), but is anyone plotting their Fall buys yet? I have more summer clothes than I need and I'm already thinking Fall. I have always started my seasonal shopping early, but I think Fall is always like this because I am an educator and I still have that 'back-to-school' mentality. I'm just not sure what to put on my wish list (I have already purchase three pairs of boots :shame:smile:.

What are you hoping to buy?

*raises hand*
I've stop buying summer clothes because I prefer Fall/Winter clothes. To be honest, I tend to wear the same stuff in the hotter months.

This fall I'm hoping to find a really cute coat this year and more tweed blazers. I'm also hoping to find a nice fall handbag.

*raises hand*
I've stop buying summer clothes because I prefer Fall/Winter clothes. To be honest, I tend to wear the same stuff in the hotter months.

This fall I'm hoping to find a really cute coat this year and more tweed blazers. I'm also hoping to find a nice fall handbag.

Oooh I would love a tweed blazer. Which brands do you like for them?

Yep! Most of the stores are thinking the same way as well. :smile: I've got my sights set on a lot of leather and faux fur. I still think that will be in. Leather accents like gloves, jackets, shoes, bags etc. I'm also thinking fur vests and scarves (I forget the proper word for them). I think booties will be more popular than the higher shaft boots.

Last edited:
Hey

This is so my topic! I'm adicted to winter clothing. Like others have said I tend to wear the same stuff in the summer and just dont find it exciting like I do winter fashion. I also feel summer fashion is not great value for money! They often want a lot of money for a slip of material... yet you can get a nice cashmere cardigan or winter coat which will last for years for maybe only 4 or 5 times the cost!

Im defo going for more coats this year! I've already got about 38 but so want more! I think im going to buy two things this fall which are complete luxury too... but im operating a less is more policy!

So far my list is!

1. Nice winter coat... something a bit different maybe asymetric... or with an unusial high colar! Thinking camel colour and maybe alpaca fabric... who knows!
2. Sable or Mink Fur coat. I already have furs but these two are the ultimate in luxury. Im in love with the sable ones on the sable in action thread here... but your talking a huge portion of my yearly clothing budget.
3. If 3 wasnt going to cost me enough I want a birkin! Im no longer wanting to lust after one... I want one! So between 2 and 3 im not sure I'll have any cash left.
4. More cashmere and maybe a tweed blazer too! I already have a harris tweed blazer I got in a traditional scottish outfitters but want more. Would also love a chanel jacket but maybe next year for that!

WSG xxx

Yep! Most of the stores are thinking the same way as well. :smile: I've got my sights set on a lot of leather and faux fur. I still think that will be in. Leather accents like gloves, jackets, shoes, bags etc. I'm also thinking fur vests and scarves (I forget the proper word for them). I think booties will be more popular the higher shaft boots.

skip the faux fur... it's plastic rubbish that lasts one season! Just go for the real deal and be done with it! If your wearing leather then real fur is ethically just the same!

I''ve already added the tory burch callista riding boots to my Bloomies shopping cart more times than I can count! I'll definitely be picking these up for fall but think I'm going to wait until August.

DSC_0002.JPG

i did already...during the sale time.
the shoes were from last fall/winter and were sold out but for some reason popped back up in june. the coat was s/s collection and i was lucky to get it for 40 or 50 % off. the leather leggings were from last f/w....they made me so happy.
i also got two jackets....one was also sale item...

OOOOOHHH, even though I live in Florida now and don't buy fur or even wool any more, I still lust for the deeper colors,booties and Fall colors. I just got the new Legacy line from Coach....cute carnelian colored (deep orangey-red) flats, a colorblock handbag with carnelian,navy and tan and a matching wallet. That's all so far!!

Planning to pick up a few key fall pieces at the Nordstrom anniversary sale. I live in Seattle (suburbs) so I can go to the flagship store for the sale which will be AWESOME. Funnily enough, I actually live closer to a different Nordstrom, and that Nordstrom almost always is more crowded than the flagship (which is only 15-20 minutes away).

- Pencil Skirt
- Caramel colored sweaters/coat
- A fall wool jacket
- OPAQUE TIGHTS
- knit tights
- some nicer warm fall colored tops and pants.

There's more, too. Depends on which outfits I can put together with the least amount of clothes.

I started shopping for fall/winter clothes at the beginning of summer. I am a thrift store treasure hunter so I love to pick up name brand stuff and save it for the season. I am pretty much set already for fall as I found some great blazers and even jackets with rabbit fur trim. I cant wait to wear them ;)

DSC_0002.JPG

the shoes were from last fall/winter and were sold out but for some reason popped back up in june. the coat was s/s collection and i was lucky to get it for 40 or 50 % off. the leather leggings were from last f/w....they made me so happy.

Very nice pieces.

DSC_0002.JPG

Those leggings look amazing!

Well, since summer never came where I live I have basically been wearing my fall clothes form last year for the past three months. I'm also eyeing a few skirts and perhaps a Max Mara coat for wall, as well as some jewel-coloured tights.
I have a whole list of clothes I'd like to sew for fall, including a pencil skirt from the most amazing golden green cashmere I have in my stash. Having said all that, it has been raining nearly non-stop here for months, so if it continues into winter I won't be wearing much apart from waterproof trousers and coats. :sad::rain::rain: