Anyone Own the Hayden Harnett Pastis Satchel?

knasarae

The K Is Silent
O.G.
Apr 23, 2007
I'm thinking about getting it...the color is gorgeous! Does anyone own it? If so how do you like it? How is the leather? Modeling pics would be great. TIA!

attachment.php

Attachments

• HHPastis.jpg
    HHPastis.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 195
I noticed that bag a couple of weeks ago and almost purchased it. I had been wanting to get my first HH bag & this one was a nice size at a great price. It must be an Ohio thing.:P

It felt too long horizontally. I am used to large bags that are equally long as they are tall, but I felt like this one was odd just because it was much longer than tall. I don't know if that makes sense.

Thanks, xmelissax. Can I ask what you found awkward? Was it uncomfortable to carry?

I'm thinking about getting it...the color is gorgeous! Does anyone own it? If so how do you like it? How is the leather? Modeling pics would be great. TIA!

Hey, maybe this is too late because it's not available on the website anymore . . .
I ordered this and am pretty happy with its appearance etc. The leather is not as shiny as it looks in the pic you posted or the one that had been on the website. I actually wanted it to be shinier than it is. But it is that really soft leather.

The one problem is its functionality. Say you're using it and have the top zipper open. Maybe you just got your wallet out. If you let go of one of the two handles, the purse will fall open too much -- and things could VERY easily fall out. I am comparing it right now to a Coach bag I have that is similar in size and dimension ---- I think it's that the DEPTH of the Pastis Satchel is too big (about 5 inches) -- combined with the zipper being too long --- it's kind of like a briefcase that is opened halfway down each side.

Plus there are no inside dividers, which feels a little strange for such a large, rectangular purse.

That said, I'm keeping the bag! (I paid $169 for it during the online sale.) I've just been looking for a marked-down brown bag like this for a while, and I'm sick of trolling for sales! It's just so pretty and well-made (and not trendy) . . .

I am thinking of tying a scarf to it to pull the handles closer together -- like running it through the leather ring on each side.

Am I a sucker to get a new purse that I have to immediately "fix" to make it work properly?