Anyone NOT like outlet shopping?

Question: How do you know a bag is "factory only"? I recently picked up two COACH purses from the outlet. I noticed that both of them have those cheap looking zipper pull on the inside pocket. The other purse that I bought from outlet couple years ago has the regular leather wrapped zipper poll though. Is the "cheap" zipper pull a sign of "factory only"? TIA

I think they usually just have that little metal zipper pull instead of the leather.

The way you can tell for sure is if the style # in the creed starts with an F.

i don't care for the "factory" made items....they honestly don't appear to be as well made IMO.
however, i have bought boutique items when they are sent from the full price stores, and gotten some pretty good deals at that!!!!
other than that, i stick with the boutique items.

I had bad impressions from the Atlantic City outlet from the get go. I gave a list to have on record of items I was interested in and one day received a phone call that one of the bags was available. I asked for it to be put on hold and would call at the end of the week to verify if I could visit the store to purchase it. The drive is a long one for me but I was willing to go there for this purse. I called in the early morning of Black Friday to ask about the hold and I was told that there was nothing set aside. :cursing: So disappointing.

When I finally visited the store at the end of December I was looking forward to it. But once I set foot in the store it all changed. That particular outlet is tiny in size and it happened to be packed with people. It was an absolute madhouse. I wanted to leave as soon as I entered. :crybaby: I walked around the store quickly and saw that most of the items were about half less than retail. But a lot of the purses showed wear from being manhandled. :yucky:

From that experience I don’t think it’s worth it. I would rather wait for PCE and buy exactly what I want from the boutique. I think I would save more money that way in the long run.

How do you know which outlets have signature and which ones don't? I have heard some of you say the outlet by you don't have signature. Is this standard for Coach? They designate some stores as signature and some not? How do I find out? Thanks

hmm, i don't know if this helps but...

if you know the outlets by name (let's say, "Gilroy Outlets" in Gilroy, CA.), you can look it up on google and find out the Coach Outlet # and ask?

idk, all of the outlets i've been to (1 in northern california, 2 in southern california and 2 in las vegas, nv) sell both Signature and Non-Sigs in their stores...

now, back to the original question. i'm an outlet girl, i love browsing the outlets but i'm almost ALWAYS stressed out when i walk (or wait in line, jeez!) inside the coach outlet store. i especially hate it when it's after thanksgiving/christmas/new year because the lines are massive, the store is SUPER CROWDED and i just can't breathe. it's more annoying than refreshing. i prefer the regular store/department store but sometimes i'll find a good wristlet/accessory on sale.

I'm not super up on Coach anymore and rarely shop the outlets, but I actually went to the one near me yesterday and I saw a lot of items with prices tags that said "Factory" - I assume that's one way of telling. Also, they seem to have a ton of sig and mini-sig items both of which I'm not super crazy about. I rarely go to the outlets and when I do end up buying accessories only. Was looking for a wallet yesterday and saw nothing I liked, but got keyfobs, a makeup clutch and a scarf.

I never cared to shop at the outlets, partly because I had really bad SAs with the Carlsbad outlet, even though we lived one exit from the outlet mall. However, I just ventured to the Aurora, Illinois outlet and found it the exact opposite. Everyone was very nice and ready to help even though they were a little busy and it being right after Christmas. So, my mind has changed a little bit about the outlets, especially after I found the carryall I was going to order from the website at regular price that evening on sale at the outlet -- which left me with more money for other goodies!!

Usually I never see a price difference at the outlets so to me, it was no different than shopping in a department store ... but the beginning of Dec I went into our outlet and they were having a massive sale!! I got a wristlet retailed at $119 for $38! The store was packed and the line was massive... but the sales were well worth it that day. I asked a lady at the store what determines the sales and was told it is a hit or miss... they find out the day before a massive sale goes on so they cant really predict them. - From now on I will at least peak in the store to see if they are having a sale instead of just assuming the prices are still the same as department prices.

I love the outlets recently. Before the holidays though they were crappy, nothing to find and always left empty handed but now they are having new shipments in so I find great items that i wanted to get at the boutique but didn't have the chance to and for a very great deal. I'm loving the outlets again but soon the love will be over and the unappealing stuff will be left. At least it'll be good for my wallet.

I'm not a fan. However, I believe it's because the only Coach outlet I've been to (Wrentham Premium Outlets) has older styles from at least 2 seasons ago. It also has cute "outlet" bags. But just nothing I ever like...so I usually just breeze in and out of the store.