Anyone in the Bay Area feel the earthquake?

I used to live in the Bay Area and watched this map.

Recent Earthquakes - Map for San Francisco

Granted, it only showed quakes *after* they hit, but you can see the patterns of movements along the faults.

About the emergency kits, they are super important to have! One of the TV stations has links on their website - maybe KRON 4? I remember there were a bunch of links to places to buy online. good luck!!

omg, i'm originally from the bay area and a lot of my fam and friends are there. this is the first i've heard of any recent earthquakes (i'm overseas at the moment), so thanks for the info. glad to hear all of you that felt it are ok.

We felt it in San Francisco (we live in the Noe Valley/Glen Park area). Honestly, I was afraid that it was going to build up even stronger because it lasted a bit longer than most mild tremors that we have. Our old condo was newer construction (built in 2000), so we barely felt any earthquakes, but we bought an older house (built in 1904) a couple of years ago, and after that earthquake, i'm afraid to feel one if it is centered closer to our home. I guess if our little home survived the 1906 and 1989 earthquakes, it will ride out the next one. I hope.:crybaby:

:smile: I was cooking at the time, and didn't feel it. I did hear DH yell (although I didn't heat what he said). My first thought was, "Why in the world is he yelling? He's upstairs watching TV and I'm down here making food, what does HE have to yell about?" LOL! He said it wasn't too hard, and only lasted about 3 seconds. We live in the West Coast of the East Bay.