anyone have that 'two-tone' hair color?

viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=3060455&albumID=2695234&imageID=49701860

here is my 3color hair just a lil different than the normal brown+blonde

Last edited:
I personally do not care for this style. I think it's outdated and can sometimes look trashy if not done correctly. I guess I'm just more old fashioned on hair coloring. The only time I have liked the blonde on top brown on bottom is when it's long curled hair, otherwise no.

I agree. This look is definitely not for everyone.

I have been debating on doing two-tone color or just low lights. I need something different i have been dying it one shade for the last 3 years and I am getting bored. I was thinking of doing a suttle two-tone like light golden brown on top and dark golden brown on the bottom. Do you think this would be nice? I am also going to cut my hair to my shoulders.

Hey everyone, i have shoulder length hair and its currently light golden blonde. I wanna do brown underneath and im really good at doing my own hair and very brave, i'll try just about anything. At first i wanted the platinum blonde on top and black underneath but now im thinkin i want a very light brown on top and dark brown underneath. Does anyone have any pics of this so i can get an idea of what it looks like?

I died my hair blonde on the top and left it brown on the bottom but that was about 3 months ago and now im getting bored of it and the roots show alot :/
now i want to to do the same thing but i want it red on the bottom and black or dark brown on the top so my roots dont show as much and just in case red doesnt look good on me it doesnt show as much,buuut i havent really seen any hair like that so i was wondering if anybody has pics of something like that or if you think it would look good it would really help me
thanx :d

I was planning on two toneing my hair...but i dont want to entirely dye my hair with two different colours.....i want to keep my natural on top which is about a medium brown(so i dont have any showing roots) and do either a light or darker colour underneath..now i just dont exactly know what colour to choose.
does anyone have any opinions? If so pleeease let me know it would really help out :smile:
thankyouu

Last edited:
a lighter color would be more of a drastic effect whereas a darker color would be more subtle. I think maybe something like a dark aurburn/dark red-brown color would be really pretty

I have this two tone thing but not by choice LOL. It was a bad color job. It's red at the roots and fades into my natural hair color (brown) and the ends. I will get it fixed but I'm lazy.

I was planning on two toneing my hair...but i dont want to entirely dye my hair with two different colours.....i want to keep my natural on top which is about a medium brown(so i dont have any showing roots) and do either a light or darker colour underneath..now i just dont exactly know what colour to choose.
does anyone have any opinions? If so pleeease let me know it would really help out :smile:
thankyouu
Another alternative to this is just dyeing big streaks. I have black hair, but I knew bleaching the whole underside would be a horrible mess and all break and be fried so I just did streaks by my face. I have two big ones from my ears to my temples and a streak in my bangs. You're not actually dyeing much hair, but it has a dramatic effect.
newhair1u.jpg

I have red hair with a black stripe about 1.25" wide that runs from front to back, like a skunk stripe. It's on the one side where my hair parts. It's definitely bold enough to see, but if I need to go for a work thing, I can hide it by parting my hair on the other side, and side sweeping it, putting the rest in a bun.

I'm gettin my hair two toned but I'm keepin my natural which is dark brown && I'm putting like a burgandy color on the bottom layer ! Does anyone have pics of there hair like that? Oh && if yu think it's a bad idea tell me pls&&thx :heart: